New Aquarimate Update Version 9.0 Available Now!

Aquarimate

Your companion to maintain thriving aquariums!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Tuesday folks!

We are thrilled to announce our new update version 9.0 which is available now on iOS App Store. We improved many of the interactions and simplified the app navigation significantly by moving the navigation and most important information accessible on the Dashboard.

We received many requests to allow tracking more than one test result per day and we made that change too. Now you can record multiple tests per day and we made everything else in the app to work properly with this change.

Here's how it looks now:
screenshot1.png
Features available in Version 9.0:

- Entirely reimagined the way you interact with tank parameters. Now you are able to view, sort and interact with all the tank parameters right from the dashboard.
- Added timestamp to the test results. Yes! Now you are able to record more than one test result per day!
- Updated the entire app to support multiple test results per day.
- All Tasks are now displayed on the Dashboard. You can now manage your tasks right from the dashboard as well.
- Rebuilt Aquaribase for Equipment, Food and Supplements with full descriptions, pictures and the ability to purchase items right from the app.
- Moved all the menu options from the right side drawer menu to the dock on the dashboard. You can now quickly access all areas of the app right from the dashboard.
- Added the ability to search across your timeline entries.
- Fixed the Aquarimate Live subscription page issue with iPhone 14. You can now subscribe to Aquarimate Live by going to the main menu and selecting "Join Aquarimate Live".
- Fixed Apple Watch Connectivity issue.
- Performance improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.

Hope you enjoy this update. We have already started working on the new stuff so we should be on-track to continue releasing new updates.. Thanks for all of your support!

Cheers.
Aquarimate Team

OP
OP
Aquarimate

Aquarimate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is Aquarimate Live free now?
Lol. We used to get this question a lot but not anymore as people appreciate the value of the app.

If we make it free, we will have to feed users with uncontrolled, outrageous advertisements which is certainly more profitable for us but will eventually destroy the entire user experience. It's all about the experience and joy. We treat our users with love and respect and certainly do not want anyone to have frustration when using the app. Nothing good is cheap.

OP
OP
Aquarimate

Aquarimate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update:

We had to release two quick updates to address a few issues with the latest release. Please ensure you are running the latest version (9.0.2).

We are working on upgrading our Desktop app for both MacOS and Windows. We will update here once those updates are pushed. You do not need to update your desktop apps manually as we push them to your app automatically.

Happy Reefing with Aquarimate ;)

10gNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased the app for iOS on the app store. Then when I set the app up on my phone I was charged again for a 1yr subscription.

Is the right? I just assumed the subscription would be included in the purchase price for the 1st year.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is Aquarimate Live free now?
This is one of the VERY few apps I pay for and it's worth every bit of it.

@Aquarimate, I was super stoked to see my test results at the top of my dashboard when I opened my app this morning! It's a little thing, but a good little thing. It kept crashing whenever I tried to complete a task, so I rebooted with no change, then deleted and reinstalled and it's working perfectly. For what it's worth, I was using 5 apps simultaneously and spent about a year narrowing down my favorite. You won, but I still use Fusion because of outlet control. I guess I'll still use Fusion until you can control my Apex. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: If we ever meet up at a trade show (RAPNY is most likely), I owe you a burger and beverage.

OP
OP
Aquarimate

Aquarimate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased the app for iOS on the app store. Then when I set the app up on my phone I was charged again for a 1yr subscription.

Is the right? I just assumed the subscription would be included in the purchase price for the 1st year.
You are correct. The subscription is a separate optional add-on which can be enabled at any time.

OP
OP
Aquarimate

Aquarimate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the VERY few apps I pay for and it's worth every bit of it.

@Aquarimate, I was super stoked to see my test results at the top of my dashboard when I opened my app this morning! It's a little thing, but a good little thing. It kept crashing whenever I tried to complete a task, so I rebooted with no change, then deleted and reinstalled and it's working perfectly. For what it's worth, I was using 5 apps simultaneously and spent about a year narrowing down my favorite. You won, but I still use Fusion because of outlet control. I guess I'll still use Fusion until you can control my Apex. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: If we ever meet up at a trade show (RAPNY is most likely), I owe you a burger and beverage.
This is awesome to hear. We do have plans to expand our integrations. Our goal is to be able to connect with any app controllable equipment and be able to communicate from a central place.

Its always wonderful to hear from happy users like you @Breadman03. The crashes you were experiencing was due to the problem with the initial release (9.0). latest version 9.0.2 should be pretty stable. (99.6% crash free).

OP
OP
Aquarimate

Aquarimate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you know when the update will be available for android?
Android app is going through a major overhaul as we speak to bring the experience in a par with the iOS app. I do not have an exact ETA on when it will be available but it should be early in 2023.

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Android app is going through a major overhaul as we speak to bring the experience in a par with the iOS app. I do not have an exact ETA on when it will be available but it should be early in 2023.
I really look forward to it. love aquarimate, and it's something I recommend to anyone looking for something to manage their tank.

will the windows app get a rework too?

OP
OP
Aquarimate

Aquarimate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really look forward to it. love aquarimate, and it's something I recommend to anyone looking for something to manage their tank.

will the windows app get a rework too?
Glad to hear that! Yes, the Windows and Mac apps are getting the update early January. Stay tuned!

SUJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear team,

We are using the app from Europe (Switzerland) and plan to keep it in the next years as it better for task management than other available german apps. Unfortunately, we miss the wish list, which we intensively used. Where can we find it? Is it a bug?

An additional helpful feature would be an interface to the FaunaMarin ICP test results. FaunaMarin developed such an import feature to the AquaCalculator app, too.

Regards
Sandra

bms270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear team,

We are using the app from Europe (Switzerland) and plan to keep it in the next years as it better for task management than other available german apps. Unfortunately, we miss the wish list, which we intensively used. Where can we find it? Is it a bug?

An additional helpful feature would be an interface to the FaunaMarin ICP test results. FaunaMarin developed such an import feature to the AquaCalculator app, too.

Regards
Sandra
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out here. In the latest update we moved all menu options (Livestock, Equipment, Food, Supplements, Wish List, Calculator and Photo Gallery to the dock on the dashboard. You should be able to scroll horizontally on the dock area to see more options. This allows us to dynamically include more items on the dock in the larger screens.
We are working with a few vendors on possibilities of importing the test data from them and we can certainly see if would be possible to import from FaunaMarin as well.

Thanks again and hope you enjoy using Aquarimate!

Thidsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news thx, was about to give it up...no updates in ages

pratishk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an update please? on the Android App? In the coming months? Or Q2? Just started up a tank and so thinking is it worth waiting?

Exoticpets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am wondering if y’all have any recent updates. I haven’t seen anything from this year and the iOS hasn’t been updated in 3 months.
Just want to make sure this app is good to go before spending so much :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back