New aquarium

zmunzinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m new to the saltwater world and bought a reefer 170 and have finished the rock work I am mainly concerned on if it looks good let me know !

I am running a AI prime 16 and skimmer 300 on this tank
647C9AF0-BD48-49CE-B2E4-BDABFF11D2C2.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice tank looking forward to future pic's :cool:

OP
OP
zmunzinger

zmunzinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys a lot so I guess you like the rock work ? LOL I tried my best as I don’t scape a lot thank you guys a lot I will be posting updates weekly I am filling the tank tomorrow !!

OP
OP
zmunzinger

zmunzinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just added a clownfish to my new tank and a zoanthid coral the clownfish is not eating is this normal ? I know it’s pretty late I’ll add photos of the tank tomorrow ! I’m just mainly concerned on the clownfish since he grabbed some food and spit it out but did not see him swallow any pieces I was careful not to over feed and only a few pieces of mysis shrimp hit the bottom which is good to produce the ammonia so let me know what you guys think :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
give it time ,normal not to eat for day or two after moving :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi you should try to make this your build thread and get a badge,post a hello or something in the meet and greet forum ,meet the reef :cool:

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just added a clownfish to my new tank and a zoanthid coral the clownfish is not eating is this normal ? I know it’s pretty late I’ll add photos of the tank tomorrow ! I’m just mainly concerned on the clownfish since he grabbed some food and spit it out but did not see him swallow any pieces I was careful not to over feed and only a few pieces of mysis shrimp hit the bottom which is good to produce the ammonia so let me know what you guys think :)
Did you do any sort of cycling before adding fish? Live rock? Bacteria? If not give these threads a read and familiarize yourself a bit with the whole process:

Welcome and Good luck!

OP
OP
zmunzinger

zmunzinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv
Did you do any sort of cycling before adding fish? Live rock? Bacteria? If not give these threads a read and familiarize yourself a bit with the whole process:

Welcome and Good luck!
e done freshwater and know the cyclin process but I also know that clown fish can survive a cycle I have 40 pounds of live sand and man made rock that will hold the bacteria also dose bacteria daily starting today

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done freshwater and know the cyclin process but I also know that clown fish can survive a cycle I have 40 pounds of live sand and man made rock that will hold the bacteria also dose bacteria daily starting today
Your probably going to get roasted for that comment. With all the technology these days, and all we know about fishless cycles, we tend to frown upon cycling with fish.

Yes the fish will probably survive, but with ammonia burns on its gills, among other things that can happen during a cycle.

I'm in no way saying this is bad, we used to do it all the time back in the day. It's just a frowned upon practice these days with all the bottled bacteria products on the market.

OP
OP
zmunzinger

zmunzinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to turn off my skimmer after I add bacteria or will everything be fine

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to turn off my skimmer after I add bacteria or will everything be fine
The skimmer will not make much difference
Will everything be fine???? Maybe not the fish

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back