New Automatic Fish Feeder, is it dispensing too much?

SomeHappyFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
675
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cat broke the old one, so I bought a new one and relocated it in the sump.

Anyway, is it dispensing too much food for 5 fish?
1 midas, 1 clown, 1 firefish and 2 antenna goby.

I feed once at 10 A.M and then frozen food at 3pm when I get home.
Its dispensing Vitalis Platinum Marine Pellets.
1000011019.jpg
1000011018.jpg
 
Is there anybody in the sump to eat the pellets? Or are you just trying to boost Nitrate? If the latter, just test and adjust.


Not trying to boost Nitrate since they ALL get sucked up by my return pump. My reactor keeps the water moving a lot in this section so nothing sits at the bottom.

Because of the lid, I have nowhere to put my auto feeder and the last one fell in the water with the batteries for a day until I got home.
 
Not trying to boost Nitrate since they ALL get sucked up by my return pump. My reactor keeps the water moving a lot in this section so nothing sits at the bottom.

Because of the lid, I have nowhere to put my auto feeder and the last one fell in the water with the batteries for a day until I got home.
Ahhh! Here is mine
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7035.jpg
    IMG_7035.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 76
My cat broke the old one, so I bought a new one and relocated it in the sump.

Anyway, is it dispensing too much food for 5 fish?
1 midas, 1 clown, 1 firefish and 2 antenna goby.

I feed once at 10 A.M and then frozen food at 3pm when I get home.
Its dispensing Vitalis Platinum Marine Pellets.
1000011019.jpg
1000011018.jpg
Most feeders have drums which allow you to set amount fed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new