New Biocube Canopy

Cooper32803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a store recently and I saw a biocube that they had sold as a complete set up and it had a new hood I hadnt seen before. It had the two PC lights and four slots for LED add ons with four power switches on top (I assume one each for the PC lights and one for each pair of LED). Does anyone know if you can just buy the hood to update an existing biocube? And if so, where can I buy it? I have been searching online but can only find modded hoods on ebay...

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the hood all together and get a par 38 or clip on mh for it, much cleaner look IMO. I saw the hood somewhere online, I will look.

OP
OP
Cooper32803

Cooper32803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's the "new" biocube hood. Better off retrofitting yours. I don't think the stock lighting and new led slots will be as powerful as a DIY setup. I have three Ecoxotic panorama pros strips in my bc29 hood. Plug and play. They pretty much bolted right in under the splash shield.

Part of me is salty...,

OP
OP
Cooper32803

Cooper32803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's the "new" biocube hood. Better off retrofitting yours. I don't think the stock lighting and new led slots will be as powerful as a DIY setup. I have three Ecoxotic panorama pros strips in my bc29 hood. Plug and play. They pretty much bolted right in under the splash shield.

Part of me is salty...,

Thats what I ended up doing... I put two panorama blue LED strips in and am still running one 50/50 PC light until I can get another LED that has the white in it... I just liked all the switches on the top that controls the lights... Mine are on a timer anyway so I guess it doesnt really matter... :)

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pros or stunners? I have two blue/whites and a blue magenta.

Part of me is salty...,

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back