new boston aqua farms plugs/discs

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like BAF has a new recipe for their frag plugs/discs.......these are much nicer...and don't look like they will ever crumble apart like the old ones.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you're on the topic of frag plugs . . . I historically had a problem with frag plug and LR rubble growing algae. The algae then prevented the coral from spreading, and slowing growth.

For the past few months, I've had my 10 gallon tank set up with a HOB Whisper filter. I pulled the media and filters out and replaced them with LR rubble. I use the rubble to mount frags now, and since it's already been seasoned in the water and is colonized by bacteria, algae are unable to grab a foothold. All of my frags have been doing much better using these cured pieces of rubble instead of "fresh" frag plugs or rubble.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget reef plugs. Get some good old tonga branch, a saw, and you've top notch nice looking frag disks.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rock rubble is good for zoas and other things......i prefer to use plugs/discs for sps at least to start out.

back when my tank was younger i had hair algae probs on frag plugs and egg crate....but i haven't had that problem for quite a while.

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I have been using the new ones for a couple months and they are much better. The other ones just fell apart too easy.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back