OP
Anemone_Fanatic

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new QT setup. We'll see how this goes...

1690162764382.png

OP
OP
Anemone_Fanatic

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking forward to see how you set up the QT. How is your GSP? Is it taking over or slow growing?

It's not really growing that much. I think it's because my system still has fairly low nutrients. I'm working on getting those up.

My quarantine plan is to dip the fish in 3% H2O2, and then in a Metro + Kana bath. After then, I'll observe for oddball diseases for 30 days. The tank is ich management, so I'm just trying to get rid of velvet/brook/flukes, hence no copper or TTM.

OP
OP
Anemone_Fanatic

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed another order from CoralsAnonymous! I got:

5x Xenia frags
1x Leather coral colony

I hear you asking; "Why are you ordering so much Xenia? Are you crazy?" Well, yes. I'm hoping to have this tank fill in with a bunch of different pest corals. I just want an easy, fast growing tank, and because I don't want to spend money on controllers and such for maintaining Ca and Alk, it'll be mainly soft corals. This is somewhat close to my ultimate goal:

1690658353860.png

(Photo credit goes to @Trex)

I don't want it to be quite this crazy (I also want some mushrooms and leather corals), but I think this looks really nice. This "style" of tank will also fit my aquascape well, I think.

OP
OP
Anemone_Fanatic

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank's looking good with the new corals. I do see the hair algae (both green and red), and I'm going to be adding urchins and a foxface in the near future to deal with it.

1691172896429.png

Really loving this Xenia. Each frag is maybe 3", that's a 2" disk for scale. Some people would sell these as mini colonies for 50$, but each of these only cost 17$. I got 5 of them, and while I might regret it once it takes over, for now, I'm loving it. They add so much movement, it transformed the tank overnight. Shoutout to @CoralsAnonymous for the superb corals!

1691172943935.png

CoralsAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank's looking good with the new corals. I do see the hair algae (both green and red), and I'm going to be adding urchins and a foxface in the near future to deal with it.

1691172896429.png

Really loving this Xenia. Each frag is maybe 3", that's a 2" disk for scale. Some people would sell these as mini colonies for 50$, but each of these only cost 17$. I got 5 of them, and while I might regret it once it takes over, for now, I'm loving it. They add so much movement, it transformed the tank overnight. Shoutout to @CoralsAnonymous for the superb corals!

1691172943935.png
Appreciate the shout out - tank is looking great so far!

surfer4329

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the updates. I appreciate any photos i can find of the V2 90 by Pro clear. I’m taking delivery of my tank on Wednesday. Same tank. I just finished my aquascape. Going for an LPS focused tank with a handful of fish.

Last edited:

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. Just a tip, as your tank matures, that gsp will take off and cover everything . I finally had to treat my tank to kill it. I would never add that in an aquarium unless you want a gsp only tank, just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Anemone_Fanatic

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. Just a tip, as your tank matures, that gsp will take off and cover everything . I finally had to treat my tank to kill it. I would never add that in an aquarium unless you want a gsp only tank, just my 2 cents.

GSP only is pretty close to the plan, though it would be nice if the Xenia and zoas also grew out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back