New Build - Starting Slow! First reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer_DO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer_DO

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
16
Location
The Shoals
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is to serve as my "build thread" as I begin the process of researching, designing, buying for, and building my first reef tank! I have had a freshwater aquarium for five years now, and have finally decided it is time to start planning and purchasing (slowly!!) the pieces that will comprise my future reef tank. It will be a fun, slow, long journey!
 
IMG_3538.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I did something similar with my 120. I spaced out buying everything over two black Fridays. I wanted to get some more expensive gear and it really helped.
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Good to take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I did something similar with my 120. I spaced out buying everything over two black Fridays. I wanted to get some more expensive gear and it really helped.
Absolutely the plan. I am still in medical school, so know that I will be moving in a couple years as well. The way I see it, I'll get a few pieces along the way and when I finally start residency and stay in one spot for several years, I can get my reef started!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new