New clown fish compatibility

Reaper_Six_Four

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2022
Messages
183
Reaction score
54
Location
76655
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the scenario. I have an existing 30 gallon tank which is home to two clowns. I’m in the middle of cycling my new 72 gallon tank which will house all my live stock from the 30.

I’d like to add more clowns to to 72 in addition to the two that will be moving from my 30. Is this possible? If so, is there a method I need to follow?

Are there other things I need to consider?
 
Here’s the scenario. I have an existing 30 gallon tank which is home to two clowns. I’m in the middle of cycling my new 72 gallon tank which will house all my live stock from the 30.

I’d like to add more clowns to to 72 in addition to the two that will be moving from my 30. Is this possible? If so, is there a method I need to follow?

Are there other things I need to consider?
The challenge is going to be aggression in a tank that size. The clowns are probably hosted to something at this point and stay close. They trick you into thinking they'll stay there and not venture out. What usually ends up happening in tanks that size is they end up picking fights and wear down the new pair you introduce. It is of course possible but usually need more space to achieve success.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new