New clown QT and treatment?

flyingfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting my new black ice clowns today! I have my QT tank set up. What do you recommend for dip/treatment and for how long? Tanks!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked ammonia? Also, via our PM you mentioned dosing copper. What is the Cu level currently at?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, ammonia is the first thing to check. Also, were they bought at an LFS or online purchase and shipped overnight?

OP
OP
flyingfish

flyingfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, no ammonia. Thanks humblefish for your help already in your message. I ordered the medication, but will get it tomorrow. The little clown did not make it, the larger one is doing the same thing. Breathing heavy and now listing on her side a little. I tried a reef rally dip yesterday for an hour, then put back in QT with no med. the little one died from the same thing in the dip. I will get praquitazol. Spelling? Tomorrow. It may be too late. The water parameters are all good. Aerating a bit and temp/salinity is good. larger clown did have white stringy poop after the dip. Parasites? should I try to medicate with something I have, reef rally, copper?

OP
OP
flyingfish

flyingfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were bought at a LFS, well 4 hours away. By car Although they had a quick transport 1 hr. By plane. The last pair I got 4-5 months ago from them had similar issues. But this was the replacement...my husband picked them up so I did not see them in their tank.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry.

The easiest way to add a video is to put it on YouTube (you can make it private) and share it here.

mosquared

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always formalin dip my clowns before putting them in a QT. And then watch closely for any signs of brook. I hope you can figure out whats wrong!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back