New Clown Worries

noketchup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new clown about three weeks ago. Today after cleaning some algae noticed that he was acting weird and swimming at the top and staying in the corner. Thought it could maybe just be stress.

When I looked closer I noticed a clear/white long poop and some whiteness on his face.

I have not seen any fighting with him and the other clown. I do not have a QT so if he is mostly likely sick with something that can spread what is the best way to deal with it? Thank you!

#completenewb

IMG_0034.jpeg IMG_0033.jpeg

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new too, but if you can post a video of around 20 or 30 seconds, with white lights someone here will be able to diagnose better . Good luck

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Here is a quick video. It is the smaller clown.

I still can’t see much be he looks fine to me. I don’t see any white on his face but it’s probably just some extra mucus. The only thing is the white stringy poop, That could be internal parasite or diet related.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Got a new clown about three weeks ago. Today after cleaning some algae noticed that he was acting weird and swimming at the top and staying in the corner. Thought it could maybe just be stress.

When I looked closer I noticed a clear/white long poop and some whiteness on his face.

I have not seen any fighting with him and the other clown. I do not have a QT so if he is mostly likely sick with something that can spread what is the best way to deal with it? Thank you!

#completenewb

IMG_0034.jpeg IMG_0033.jpeg
Need pics under white lighting but fish does look quite thin and may have mucus around the facial area

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back