New Clownfish has white stuff under eye

zbk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got my first saltwater tank started and just recently a couple days ago and I noticed that my Percula Clownfish (it's the only fish in the tank right now as it's only 10 gallons and I haven't gotten the ammonia spike) has some type of white stuff under it's right eye. I got him and put him in after cycling the tank for a couple days. I've tested ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, pH, and salinity and they're all right where they would be. I also have the temperature set to 79°F (if that info helps). I only have the little guy, 2 live rocks, reef substrate, and a Xenia coral frag. Should I be doing something different? Is he gonna be okay?

Thanks,
~zbk

PXL_20240106_034250842.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Your other post has been answered.
Please refrain from cross posting which takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their issues.

OP
OP
Z

zbk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your other post has been answered.
Please refrain from cross posting which takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their issues.
Yes, sorry my bad, it's my first thread and I didn't see that it had to be approved first so when I checked my threads I just assumed it didn't work or go through

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back