New CONTROLLABLE Light!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am very interested in getting this light. I have a 120g reef tank (mainly zoas but want to add more lps and sps). Also have a 40 gal fuge and am looking at the fuge light you offer.
My question is how many lights for my tank and what optics should I go with? Is there a rail kit or could I rail mount them somehow? Wife not crazy about my hanging these from our ceiling in the newly finished basement. Not a dealbreaker just wanted to ask. This looks like an excellent light for the money and after almost going with the AI Vega this is definitely exciting.
Thanks

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, Are these the IT2040/IT120 that is made by Evergrow? If yes, they will also have a 36in and a 48in that are in early development right now. Also did the issue with the clock running 2 hours fast per day get fixed....... again, my questions are only relevant if it is indeed the EG light.

Last edited:

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am very interested in getting this light. I have a 120g reef tank (mainly zoas but want to add more lps and sps). Also have a 40 gal fuge and am looking at the fuge light you offer.
My question is how many lights for my tank and what optics should I go with? Is there a rail kit or could I rail mount them somehow? Wife not crazy about my hanging these from our ceiling in the newly finished basement. Not a dealbreaker just wanted to ask. This looks like an excellent light for the money and after almost going with the AI Vega this is definitely exciting.
Thanks
There are lots of ways to hang them, DIY rails are easy and you could even use them in a canopy mount. I for one am stuck between these and the Razor ;)

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Thanks
Is your tank 48", or 72" long? If it is 48", then 2 with 90 degree optics, if it is 72", then 3 with 90 degree optics. They are just as powerful, and have more spread than the vega color units. Is your fuge a 40b, or a 40L?

Quick question, Are these the IT2040/IT120 that is made by Evergrow? If yes, they will also have a 36in and a 48in that are in early development right now. Also did the issue with the clock running 2 hours fast per day get fixed....... again, my questions are only relevant if it is indeed the EG light.
Yes, we are an evergrow retailer, the new shipment has the improved controller, and the 2 customers with issues are having their fixture replaced. We will have an update on the longer versions soon, they will likely be special order for the ones over 24" in length.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we are an evergrow retailer, the new shipment has the improved controller, and the 2 customers with issues are having their fixture replaced. We will have an update on the longer versions soon, they will likely be special order for the ones over 24" in length.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure. I was one of the few people who gave this company input from the D120's over the last 8 months that led to this light being built. I was banned from that other site (RC) and missed my chance at the discount that was being offered for us in the "Chinese LED" thread, so its good to see I can find them through you guys and at a great price. Once I was banned I gave up on them (IT2040)and decided to go another way with my lighting but have not pulled the trigger yet as some things came up. Can the grid/layout be modified at all prior to shipping, ie reds moved around and different whites or is this how they come? I will be watching for the 24in release and will want two when they are available, ;) Thanks, Drew

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, just wanted to make sure. I was one of the few people who gave this company input from the D120's over the last 8 months that led to this light being built. I was banned from that other site (RC) and missed my chance at the discount that was being offered for us in the "Chinese LED" thread, so its good to see I can find them through you guys and at a great price. Once I was banned I gave up on them (IT2040)and decided to go another way with my lighting but have not pulled the trigger yet as some things came up. Can the grid/layout be modified at all prior to shipping, ie reds moved around and different whites or is this how they come? I will be watching for the 24in release and will want two when they are available, ;) Thanks, Drew

Yup, RC is not vert friendly :( we do custom layouts, but I am sure you will be happy with ours.

Brireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of a diy rail system. Sure I can find a site somewhere or youtube video that will give me some ideas. Was hoping they offered a rail system but still loving these lights.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chinese made? Made in China?
Yes, they are built very well, better than a lot of USA made fixtures. (I am an electrician, and inspected the units myself)
Sorry...forgot to mention the specs. Display is 48x24x24. My fuge tank is 40b.

thanks
2 with 90s for the display, 2 fuge lites for the fuge. I would reccomend our 12" fuge lite, which will cover the whole thing for $100. You could also remove the optics on the par38 very easily, and cover the whole 40B with one $89 unit.

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After they are shiipped will you have any units left? Curious for some consumer testing before I would purchase.

Thanks.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After they are shiipped will you have any units left? Curious for some consumer testing before I would purchase.

Thanks.

They have actually been tested pretty well, the Chinese Led Thread over on RC has been using and discussing this unit for a month or two now. Everyone there who got one (or more) seem to be pleased with them and state that Reef Breeders layout is great. Just thought I'd share ;)

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And too add, I'm saving for them right now ;) Unless of course Reef Breeders wants to do a contest and give a couple away ;) ;)

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back