New Corals at Aquarium Specialty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought you would like to see some of our new corals that just became available. We haven't posted them on the site for sale yet but if you are interested in getting a price then please give us a call.

rainbow-echinata.jpg

JF-Mi-Miami.jpg

JF Mi Miami - selling by the eye

More to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_4034-100.jpg
    IMG_4034-100.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_4536-750.jpg
    IMG_4536-750.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_3915-100.jpg
    IMG_3915-100.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought you would like to see some of our new corals that just became available. We haven't posted them on the site for sale yet but if you are interested in getting a price then please give us a call.

JF-Mi-Miami.jpg

JF Mi Miami - selling by the eye

More to follow...
52761d1360953532-new-corals-aquarium-specialty-img_4536-750.jpg

Hey guys beautiful pieces!! Just curious if this is a true lineaged JF my miami and price per eye please?? Kind of looks like a wild colony. Thanks!

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does not look like the my Miami to me.where did it come from?who supposedly grew it out?

reefhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the real deal, you can even see the wild rock in it.

Agreed, but then I thought maybe vendor is just making a list of what all he/she has. And it just show happens that the above piece looks similar to JF MM.

For instance, I have these pieces, and i will be selling some jf mm by the eye. Thats just me trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Surely, they would not try to sell a wild colony as MM.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way it was sold to me. The company we bought it from called it a Jason Fox My Miami. I can change the name of it but that's what he called it so I thought it was legit. I know Jason and the guys at WWC and we have done business with both companies so if they say it's not the same lineage then it's not but it certainly looks like the same coral to me. I use to have a My Miami frag here but we sold it (I got it from D. Chestnut so I know it was legit). Either way it's an awesome colony and D. Chestnut came by to see it and he thought it was legit also.

Since I have had it in my tank the lighter area mixed in with the purple have darkened up so the purplish coloration is more uniform now. The changes are probably from shipping but it could be the lighting changes from tank to tank. Anyhow, if this is not the real deal then I will gladly change the name of it to something else. For me I could really care less if this sells or not. We are more of a collector right now than a livestock seller. It's just something that we are slowly trying to get back into. Dry goods account for 99.9% of our business at this time.

Last edited:

renoeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey WWC, I have one of your road rage chalices I got during a live sale and have grown out. What should I price it @ per eye???

Not the real deal, you can even see the wild rock in it.

reefhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way it was sold to me. The company we bought it from called it a Jason Fox My Miami. I can change the name of it but that's what he called it so I thought it was legit. I know Jason and the guys at WWC and we have done business with both companies so if they say it's not the same lineage then it's not but it certainly looks like the same coral to me. I use to have a My Miami frag here but we sold it (I got it from D. Chestnut so I know it was legit). Either way it's an awesome colony and D. Chestnut came by to see it and he thought it was legit also.

Since I have had it in my tank the lighter area mixed in with the purple have darkened up so the purplish coloration is more uniform now. The changes are probably from shipping but it could be the lighting changes from tank to tank. Anyhow, if this is not the real deal then I will gladly change the name of it to something else. For me I could really care less if this sells or not. We are more of a collector right now than a livestock seller. It's just something that we are slowly trying to get back into. Dry goods account for 99.9% of our business at this time.

Id be more proud if I imported this myself and no one else had it. Give it your own name. Its an awesome piece regardless.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id be more proud if I imported this myself and no one else had it. Give it your own name. Its an awesome piece regardless.

Great point. Thanks for the idea. Time to give it a name. What should we call it? We will turn this thread into...name that coral. How about (JFW) Jason Fox WannnaBe...LOL. Just kidding Jason.

renoeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep it simple - Aquarium Specialty's miami chalice - AS Miami for short

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have the name (AS Miami), how much are frags selling for?

Possibly $150 for a 2" x 2" piece?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back