new corals from marinesolutions

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recieved these 3 corals from marinesolutions wednesday. They are doing great, they are $20 a piece plus shipping. I tried to get the color in the pictures as close as I could to what I'm seeing in my tank but they still seem to blue. The first one is Acro sp. ,its more green and red than the blue in the picture.
011.jpg

The next is A. Turaki :
014.jpg

And last is A. carduus:
012.jpg

If you go to there web site they have better color representaion. I'm very pleased

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! It'll be interesting to see how fast your turaki grows. I got one that sat fairly dormant (more or less) for the longest time - then it started growing really slowly.

But when I was home in July it seemed like it had doubled in size (at least?) since I left in April.

Mine satarted off that same pale purple, but now (if I remember right) it's a bright, yet deep purple. It's easily one of my top 3 favorite corals in my tank. Hope it does well for you!

OP
OP
cubsare1

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very pleased with the size as well. The last one (carduus) is about 3/4" tall, where the acro is 1" tall but 2" wide with the frag plug encrusted all the way around and over all sides, and the turaki is 1 1/2" tall.
Squid, yeah right now it is more of a pale purple with a green base (on the plug and very bottom of coral).
They have very nice corals for a good price, just not a lot of selection but I will be ordering from them again :bigsmile:
Thanks for looking. ps i will be picking up more corals thursday from milwaukee (nait002) so more pictures to come

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turaki was about the same 1 1/2" when I got it. It was MAYBE 3" just over a hear later. That's when it doubled in a couple of months and the color exploded. Can't wait to see it when I'm home at Christmas!

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that the last one came from a colony of mine. When I moved from Ohio they bought out my remaining coral, about 2 months ago.

OP
OP
cubsare1

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
squid and reefpets, where do you have yours in relation to lights? The website says moderate for lights and high flow, does this sound about right?
thanks for the help

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
squid and reefpets, where do you have yours in relation to lights? The website says moderate for lights and high flow, does this sound about right?
thanks for the help

I'd say mine gets moderately high flow - it's in the dead center of the tank. I've got Koralias on each end of the tank and Tunzes towards the insides of the overflows. Nothibf is pointing right at the turaki, but there's plenty goingon around it.

For lighting, it is up high - but I think "moderate" for lights is subjective based on your lights. Mine is up high under 250w HQI 14k Phoenix's with 4 supplementing actinic T5's. In my tank that's a high amount of light, but to someone with 400w halides, the PAR that I can only guess it's getting in spot would be considered moderate.

Last edited:
Back