New Cree LED System!

menglis2

Nano Cube Owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased 12 royal blue and 12 cool white 3w cree xr-e LEDs from reefledlighting.com and I just want to tell everybody how awesome these things are!!! I'm not kidding these things are serious when it comes to par levels vs wattage. I/m almost done with my build and I'm definitely gonna post a lot of pictures. I suggest these things to everyone b/c they put out some serious light and really aren't expensive as long as you are willing to DIY, but I think that is half the fun anyway! I think anybody interested in some great lights should check out the website, and no I don't work for them. I just think the owner (Bill) is a great guy with a great product! CHECH IT OUT!

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not much of a DIY guy and thats the only thing that drives me away from those LED fixtures.I like to rip boxes open and plug things in and watch them go to work. I would love to see your pics though:)

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on see some
pics.gif

TANKSALOT
aka - Steve

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to site but nothing seems to work? except contact us.

Sorry

Thats our Bad

We are updating it to offer more options. My IT guy is trying several options. LEDs, Dirvers, Optics trying to make it very user friendly. Its working now but in the next day or so will be much better. Also our CoralHouse just got in a huge shipment from Australia. Check the sponsor page later tomorrow for details. The CoralHouse page will be up soon just trying different software to give the best WYSIWYG Pic of the coral.

menglis2

Glad you like the Kit.

bayreefer

We are getting in a huge shipment of pre-wired LED strips were all you have to do is glue to a heatsink and connect the wires to a driver (unplugged of course).
Detailed instructions will be included.

Bill

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bayreefer

We are getting in a huge shipment of pre-wired LED strips were all you have to do is glue to a heatsink and connect the wires to a driver (unplugged of course).
Detailed instructions will be included.

Bill[/QUOTE]I am definitely interested in this Bill and would like to be notified when they become available:)

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search
When it comes to soldering even though it’s quite simple most people are to scarred to dive into the world of DIY LED fixtures.

how-to-solder-242x300.jpg
Just keep in mind that this is me with a Kraylen mask on:)

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search
When it comes to soldering even though it’s quite simple most people are to scarred to dive into the world of DIY LED fixtures.

how-to-solder-242x300.jpg
Just keep in mind that this is me with a Kraylen mask on:)

I thought those hands looked like the ones in the frag rack video :xd:

OP
OP
M

menglis2

Nano Cube Owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake the site is reefledlights.com. I just finished today and put them on. THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!! I have the blues and whites on seperate drivers and when the whites go off my tank explodes with super bright green. It's awesome, I got so excited I couldn't stop takin pics I have to load this program on my computer to get the pics from my phone on to here, but as soon as I do I'll have a bunch up for everybody. I'll put some pics of the bulid also.

OP
OP
M

menglis2

Nano Cube Owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the only difference is that xr-e leds have optics that simply snap on and xp-g has optics that have to be glued on. No reason other than that.

OP
OP
M

menglis2

Nano Cube Owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0602001917.jpg
0602001917a.jpg
0603002134a.jpg
0603002134.jpg
I used a hole drill bit to drill three inch holes directly in the center of where the heat sinks were going, then simply glued them down since they would be just simply sitting on top of the canopy. I used L brackets to secure the heat sinks to the canopy and put the drivers in the middle of them with some screws to hold them in place. Trust me this is not a difficult build with a mx DIY time of about 8 hours total. This project wa well worth the effort! I put some extra six inch fans on the wall behend the canopy aimed directly at the heat sinks just for extra cooling. The cooler the heat sinks the longer the bulb life of the LEDs.

stedfast82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like i just got my first skimmer so lost and need some help. I want to go led but have no idea what im dooing please pm me i need to up grade

OP
OP
M

menglis2

Nano Cube Owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me man its not a a hard project. You can even pay an extra $25 and get them pre-soldered and if you pay a little extra he would probably go ahead and put them on the heat sink for you just contact bill at reefledlights.com! He will get you good to go!!! And trust me they are worth it!

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bayreefer

A bud sent me the pic of Alfred E Newman soldering.

Seriously soldering is not easy for most so we came up with this.

StripSoldered.jpg

Bill

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Bill or REEF LED LIGHTS have a phone number? I would love to light up a 72x36 tank........

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.1%
Back