Alibaba LED Bars (Orphek China Bars)

CoralCrafted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I looked around a lot trying to research if these bars were worth the hassle of overseas shipping or the cost.
I have used AI's with great results, I have used XR30 Gen 5's with great results, and wanted to see if spending the money was actually worth it compared to going to a cheaper route.

I bought 2 sets of 4 into 1 Wifi bars in the Reef Blue Spectrum to light an 8x3 frag tank I set up in my room.
First thought after buying them. The quality is good. The bars are rigid, with no flex. They came with their own hanger kit mounting hardware but I am using an 80/20 mount to mount the lights off and using my own 3D printed mounts to mount the bars to the 80/20.

At first, setting these up the app they use was definitely not refined but it WORKS, and once you get a decent understanding it is a very simple-to-use app.

The bars in general have great color and are definitely bright. They are around 2 feet off of the water and over a tank 12 inches deep, and I am getting around 200 par about 6 inches down with 4 bars over it. The spread is not the best as the par does drop down to 100-150 once it spreads out but for 400$ for 4 feet of lighting I am not complaining with the color I'm getting, Would I consider throwing an XR30 in the middle of the 4 and maybe trying to get 250-300 Par. Yes, but I do not think it's necessary just me being picky.

Would I recommend these lights? YES. Are they perfect? No. I think lacking mounting options will make it difficult for people but if you decide to order them and want help with mounting options I have designed a lot of 3D printed mounts to fit on 80/20, Reach out if you need the file or want some made.

One day I will set up a store and after using these lights I will be using these on all tanks, The cost, and simplicity of them. Honestly, you can't beat it for the value. Would I consider supplementing lights on an ACRO-only tank with maybe T5s for that extra par yes but these really do good for the cost.

IMG_3383.jpg IMG_3384.jpg IMG_3396.jpg IMG_3402.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back