Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I’ll check out the videos for sure. I’m actually really happy with the scape it just didn’t show up in the pics. Hard to see the depth to it if that makes sense.

I relooked at the top down shots and the depth became clearer. I do like the separation and the heights work well.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
483677F6-E3DC-4F6E-8890-35386D6E59B2.jpeg
DBEF0543-90EE-45E6-BED7-89D5CE7DABD7.jpeg
709FC66B-630B-4BCB-A402-A43CD9C9246A.jpeg
FD1A8DA4-044B-404B-A4D1-8236EE76DADF.jpeg

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda hard to see in the 2nd pic but I cut some small acrylic tubing to run down in the sump where the tubing goes. Worked out well.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real good, I like your compact but well organized area with your controller, etc. can't wait to watch it grow out!

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real good, I like your compact but well organized area with your controller, etc. can't wait to watch it grow out!
Well my order of fish came yesterday so I got them in. Sunday I was messing around on eBay and I swear I accidentally bid on a frag ended up winning it and it arrived today. Wasn’t really wanting to do sps yet but will soon find out how stable I can keep it.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I was thinking of doing the whole cabinet on that side just controller but after thinking about it I wanted the extra room for top off and using the other side just for storage. That’s a 10 gal tank I’m using for the top off with an acrylic lid I cut from some home depot window replacement acrylic.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks really great.

How does the sps that you won look in your tank?

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they look fine as of this morning polyps were out I’ve been trying to get some good pics of them but that dang hawkfish likes to perch in front of them! The pic I put up of the freebie is in my Tunze frag rock. Time will tell if tank stays stable enough.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wanted to ask you how you achieved such a nice chaeto ball? I have the same sump(although the ruby version) and I don't get good tumbling of the chaeto. It was actually getting forced into the next chamber so I had to create a basket that the chaeto sits in but it doesn't achieve a nice tumbling motion so while it grows, I have been getting more of a slime building up. That said, not a trace of algae in the display so its working to a degree.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask you how you achieved such a nice chaeto ball? I have the same sump(although the ruby version) and I don't get good tumbling of the chaeto. It was actually getting forced into the next chamber so I had to create a basket that the chaeto sits in but it doesn't achieve a nice tumbling motion so while it grows, I have been getting more of a slime building up. That said, not a trace of algae in the display so its working to a degree.
In all honesty I’m really not sure why it stays in a ball like that. I haven’t had any problems with it trying to go in the next chamber, I do however manually roll it around every few days.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back