twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light is looking great in there!
Thanks! I dont like buying things I cant see in person so I was hesitant. I flip flopped between orphek bars and these. I finally found someone that had a tank set up with orphek bars that was willing to let me see it in person. I was impressed by the way corals looked but couldnt stand the different color spots I was seeing on the sand. I get if the are up high enough it blends but I have a canopy and cant mount the 18" off the water. I took the chance on this one and happy I did.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par was good on these too! I am just learning how to use them ( little bit of a curve) I used some of the factory settings and measured. I've got a hot spot which I knew I would so planned for that ( hopefully) But the rest looks great. 90w gets me about 130 par in most of the top of the rocks with 250 in the hot spot 90ish on the sand bed. I will probably play with spectrum over the next few weeks off and on before corals start to go in. I am thinking ill start here and acclimate up to 130w maybe. Hoping to see around 200 over most of the rock and 100 on the sand bed.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So clean for a fuge! Won't stay that way long I'm guessing. With your expertise at planted aquariums I'm sure you'll have that looking amazing once it starts growing in.
We will see. I'm having a hard time sourcing the macros I want. So I settled for the Calurpa Mexicana. I wanted the "dragons breath" which I don't think that one is. I'm no expert though. I did pick up a chunk of what I do believe is actually "dragons breath" at the frag swap yesterday. Id like to get some codium at some point, and if I find prolifera I'd pull the mexicana. Lighting is my other issue currently. I was going to use my 21" blade over this but it's still feeding my corals in the 30g. I currently am using a fluval 3.0 plant light. It's got about 60 par at the sand bed id like to be around 100 though.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will see. I'm having a hard time sourcing the macros I want. So I settled for the Calurpa Mexicana. I wanted the "dragons breath" which I don't think that one is. I'm no expert though. I did pick up a chunk of what I do believe is actually "dragons breath" at the frag swap yesterday. Id like to get some codium at some point, and if I find prolifera I'd pull the mexicana. Lighting is my other issue currently. I was going to use my 21" blade over this but it's still feeding my corals in the 30g. I currently am using a fluval 3.0 plant light. It's got about 60 par at the sand bed id like to be around 100 though.
Ooo you should check out Indo Pacific Sea Farms.. they have all sorts of awesome macros and you can get them along with other types of biome building packs. Idk if they are a sponsor here or not, so I won't link the website.. but definitely check them out.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo you should check out Indo Pacific Sea Farms.. they have all sorts of awesome macros and you can get them along with other types of biome building packs. Idk if they are a sponsor here or not, so I won't link the website.. but definitely check them out.
I have. They have an extensive list that could be available if it was ever in stock. Same for algae barn, addictive reef keeping, reef cleaners, and so on. Might be bad timing not sure.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from them a couple times, and each time the added a bunch of extra algae. I'm surprised they would be out of stock of anything if you check out their facility videos. Ah well, gl sourcing what you are looking for!

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from them a couple times, and each time the added a bunch of extra algae. I'm surprised they would be out of stock of anything if you check out their facility videos. Ah well, gl sourcing what you are looking for!
Sorry you are correct seems they have all their stuff in stock. I was thinking of a different place. While they have a lot its not what I'm looking for, I am interested in some of their stuff though. I cant get enough of the micro brittle stars. Love those little guys.

thatindonesianreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240121_095907.jpg

The unused sad 180
20240120_103504.jpg

The build tank.
Went for a kind of nsa rock build turned out a little more chunky. I don't hate it.
I have an idea of setting up a 4'x 18x16 tank to the left for some clams. I have the tank just need to build the stand and plumb it in. Future stuff.
Currently cycling with brightwell xlm and quickcycle.
Nice scape!

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New rock work. Needed to get some space from the light so I can increase intensity without cooking the torches. I was only running 107w and had about 90 par at the sand bed but 200 at the torches. Acclimation mode at 85% intensity 20 days to 125w at peak, increased other bars by same %. Lets see where this puts it.
reef 3 23 24.jpg

Started an acan garden too!
acan garden.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back