OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read some terrible reviews about this, but it might have been the easiest thing I’ve installed on my tank. One thing I can’t seem to figure out is when the feeder goes off how do I get it to go into feed mode A.

Dystinction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to drop a quick Thank You into your thread, and include @pecan2phat as well.

I just fired up my Skimz sn 127 skimmer, and I believe the two of you may be the only two talking about it. I was lost, as this is my first skimmer ever, and there's not much info to find elsewhere. The controller is not very complicated, however, I didn't even know what the 'F's were.

Bottom-line, I appreciate the discussion, and I have a much better idea of what's going on now.

Oh, and your setup doesn't look too shabby either! :cool:

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to drop a quick Thank You into your thread, and include @pecan2phat as well.

I just fired up my Skimz sn 127 skimmer, and I believe the two of you may be the only two talking about it. I was lost, as this is my first skimmer ever, and there's not much info to find elsewhere. The controller is not very complicated, however, I didn't even know what the 'F's were.

Bottom-line, I appreciate the discussion, and I have a much better idea of what's going on now.

Oh, and your setup doesn't look too shabby either! :cool:
Lol thanks for checking it out. Yeah so much control it gets confusing, so many ways to set it up. If you have any questions let me know I’ll help the best I can. I must say once dialed in it works great. Good price point solid little skimmer.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update on things. Everything is going rather well, I’m almost scared to say it. Sps seem to be doing fine, my lps and softies are doing what they do, added a few new pieces. I’ll get some pics up tomorrow. Have an order coming Friday from TSA, I’ll snap some pics then. I did add an overflow chamber from PM on the skimmer to help out when I go on vacation.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patiently waiting on Friday, this week can’t go any slower. Have some new sps coming Friday morning, probably do a water change Thursday night so everything is good to go Friday snap a couple of pics for y’all and outta town for the weekend. So ready.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a couple of FTS the front
D3FF7D1A-DF44-45E2-8568-0A8F3B1EA59F.jpeg
Left side, Duncan’s closed up from running my magnet by them.
CB0A2DC4-C01C-4E3F-A171-698EC0D57695.jpeg
Another one from the front
864015B7-F21B-4F77-8693-4C6061C86F27.jpeg
The right side
E33BADD6-B203-42B4-8402-CAA8E5BFA020.jpeg
I need to get some stuff on my little bridge. The orange filter I used on my camera made everything look hazy.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine too :D I was wondering if it was to low but I’ll give that height a try and see how the corals like it. When I was running just my prime, I had it at 10.

Bulb combo?
I’m running 3 b+ and 1 c+ The coral + is tword the back where most my acros are at.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m currently freaking out a bit. We left for vacation Monday and this Morning apex says power has been lost for at least 24 hrs. Called my brother who went by the house and confirmed there was no power, also confirmed that power was back on this afternoon. However I’m finding vacation not as relaxing, just when everything was running nice and smooth and getting growth from my sps I can’t help but think I’ll be coming home to a bunch of white sticks. I am simply doomed when it comes to keeping sps. Hope everything will be ok but I know that you house had to get hot with no ac.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well got home late last night and seen that I lost my TSA candlelight, and ORA frogskin. I was able to frag a small piece of the frogskin that I think will make it. The candlelight was to far gone. Everything else looks browned out but alive, except for the lps and softies, they’re not phased at all. I also can’t find any of my anthias. Sooo.... hopefully they’re hiding somewhere and I’ll see em later on.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, congratulations on a fine build. It all looks very nice and well thought out. Vacation... the bane of many a reefer. I have to go on vacation for 8 days on the 23rd and to make matters worse, or better, depending on how you look at it, I will have zero internet or phone. I have a guy who is supposedly staying at the house to tank sit but I'm not even sure he will commit to it. Flakiest guy I know. Very nice, but flaky as snow. I too had the coralline on the HDPE sheets on the bottom and only a few specs here and there on the glass. I think it is a LED thing. The glass gets cleaned pretty regularly though. Hang in there and keep posting. Just stumbled on your thread. Whish I was with you from the beginning.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, congratulations on a fine build. It all looks very nice and well thought out. Vacation... the bane of many a reefer. I have to go on vacation for 8 days on the 23rd and to make matters worse, or better, depending on how you look at it, I will have zero internet or phone. I have a guy who is supposedly staying at the house to tank sit but I'm not even sure he will commit to it. Flakiest guy I know. Very nice, but flaky as snow. I too had the coralline on the HDPE sheets on the bottom and only a few specs here and there on the glass. I think it is a LED thing. The glass gets cleaned pretty regularly though. Hang in there and keep posting. Just stumbled on your thread. Whish I was with you from the beginning.
Thanks for checking in, yeah I’ve got everything automated so a power outage was going to be the thing that got me. I guess next on my list is going to be a battery backup that will at least keep water circulating. But I honestly think it was more heat that got em. I live in Houston so AC is a must. Hopefully your guy stays on top of it for you, and you can have a worry free vacation.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back