NEW Dual Inline TDS Monitor - the DM3

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brought to the Marine Aquarium hobby first by Buckeye Hydro!

We want to introduce to you the new DM3 Dual Inline EC/TDS Monitor
DM3.png

You're probably already familiar with the DM1 (blue face), DM2 (white), and TRM3 (green face) meters. HM Digital now offers another inline monitor to the family. The DM3 shows readouts from both probes simultaneously, and you can select readouts in electrical conductivity (EC) or in ppm (or ppt) TDS. You can find more details here: https://www.buckeyehydro.com/dm3-dual-inline-ec-tds-monitor/

We have the monitors in stock and ready to ship!

SnubbsDebolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brought to the Marine Aquarium hobby first by Buckeye Hydro!

We want to introduce to you the new DM3 Dual Inline EC/TDS Monitor
DM3.png

You're probably already familiar with the DM1 (blue face), DM2 (white), and TRM3 (green face) meters. HM Digital now offers another inline monitor to the family. The DM3 shows readouts from both probes simultaneously, and you can select readouts in electrical conductivity (EC) or in ppm (or ppt) TDS. You can find more details here: https://www.buckeyehydro.com/dm3-dual-inline-ec-tds-monitor/

We have the monitors in stock and ready to ship!
Hey, I see you also carry the LDM-100R monitor. I see it has 1/2” threaded instead of 1/4”. If I order one of these from you, how can I connect it to my RO membranes on my RODI unit?

OP
OP
Buckeye Hydro

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I see you also carry the LDM-100R monitor. I see it has 1/2” threaded instead of 1/4”. If I order one of these from you, how can I connect it to my RO membranes on my RODI unit?
We do!

Easiest way would be to use a 1/2" threaded PVC Tee and mount the tee with the run vertical and the stem horizontal. You'd screw the probe into the bottom of the run, have the inlet in the horizontal stem (use a male adapter 1/2" thread by 1/4" quick connect), and the outlet at the top of the run with another male adapter.

Make sense?

SnubbsDebolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do!

Easiest way would be to use a 1/2" threaded PVC Tee and mount the tee with the run vertical and the stem horizontal. You'd screw the probe into the bottom of the run, have the inlet in the horizontal stem (use a male adapter 1/2" thread by 1/4" quick connect), and the outlet at the top of the run with another male adapter.

Make sense?
Absolutely, this was my original plan. I assume the probes don’t need to have the water running directly through them like the 1/4” style on the cheaper less accurate sensors. Those 1/2” probes look very short so in a typical 1/2” T while they would have fresh water circulating past them it would not be absolute because the way fluid dynamics work there would be a sort of cushion in the side outlet of the T where the probe is housed.

SnubbsDebolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, this was my original plan. I assume the probes don’t need to have the water running directly through them like the 1/4” style on the cheaper less accurate sensors. Those 1/2” probes look very short so in a typical 1/2” T while they would have fresh water circulating past them it would not be absolute because the way fluid dynamics work there would be a sort of cushion in the side outlet of the T where the probe is housed.
P.s……buckeye….are you in Ohio then?

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just purchased one of these meters from Buckeye Hydro. They had really fast shipping. I ordered the 25th and received it the 27th.

I was looking for a high quality meter to monitor my RODI system and was looking as some used commercial ones off of eBay but I figured for $60 I would try this one before dropping a large amount of money on a commercial unit.

I have access to a professional conductivity meter through my work that is calibrated annually via an independent company (~$1200+ unit) so I brought a sample of my RO water from home in to test. We use this to test Dialysis machine water which needs much more precision than we do.

It tested at 0.5-0.6 µS/cm with the Myron L meter. I got almost the exact same result with the DM-3 in both channels. It was bouncing between 0.5-0.6 µS/cm…

I’m pretty impressed. The unit is well built; doesn’t have any exposed wires like the cheaper HM units, can be calibrated, has a backlit display with adjustable units and a nice magnetic bracket to mount it. I didn’t expect it to be that dead on.

I haven’t installed it on my RO system yet, but my initial impression is quite positive. I’ll update this review if I have any issues but this looks like a winner for those serious about their water quality.

By the way…the 13.91 mS/cm reading was a sample of 14 mS/cm calibration solution to validate the accuracy of the Myron L meter.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpeg
    IMG_1465.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 19

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back