RODI in apartment spare bathroom shower

SnubbsDebolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in an apartment. But I have a spare bathroom. So this install worked out well.

7 stage BRS pro and added booster pump, auto flush, Tunze 8555 RO water controller, HM Digital filter monitor, BRS chloramine monster and 5 micron prefilter. Also have a faucet kit for both the RO with remineralizer and the DI. Easiest way to sell it to the wife, she can drink from it and also use the DI to wash her face since she has sensitive skin. Typically I fill a 5gal water jug with the python and put it in her bathroom. But sometimes she grabs a water bottle full. Python is only used to fill never empty so it’s always clean.

Since there mounted kind of mixed up, for clarification, the filter sequence is;
Pressure gauge
2.5x20 5 micron sediment
Pressure gauge
TDS monitor
4.5x20 20 micron CRFC20-BB chloramine monster
TDS monitor
Aquatec 8800 booster
Pressure gauge
Then the standard BRS 7 stage pro
2.5x10 1 micron sediment RO save
2.5x10 1 micron universal carbon block
2.5x10 1 micron universal carbon block
Pressure gauge
Dual 75 gps RO membranes plumbed in series
2.5x10 Cation DI
TDS monitor
2.5x10 Anion DI
TDS monitor
2.5x10 Mixed bed DI
TDS monitor

Water drop mineral water filter before the faucet for the RO water.

Still a work in progress and plan to clean up the wires and add a white vinyl shower curtain to hide the mess as well as a cloth shower curtain to hide the power bars and cords. Also waiting on another Tunze strong magnet and float housing for the upper shut off on the RODI controller (stole the extra one out of my Osmolator ATO for the lower). Easiest way to mount to a brute I could think of. The brute handle is a convenient spot to mount the faucets.

Also going to order an HM digital DM-3 dual TDS meter. Going to put that before and after the mixed bed i think. As well as an LDM-100R rejection monitor for the second RO membrane. Typically I’m anywhere from 275-325 TDS out of the tap.

When mom comes down from Canada to visit I will just do a water change, fill the ATO and dump the rest of the brute and set it out on the patio so she can use the shower for the week.

IMG_2708.jpeg IMG_2709.jpeg IMG_2710.jpeg IMG_2711.jpeg
IMG_2712.jpeg
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s a killer setup! I use that same valve in my shower and have a quick disconnect for my RODI. My shower is in use so I can’t leave my unit in there like you do but it does make making water nice and easy on the second floor. No more hauling jugs up the stairs.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you certainly didnt break his rules lol
Technically I see a lot of modified plumbing in that shower. Nice improvement for a 2nd bathroom!

I wish I would have thought of this before my mother-in-law came to visit us. :face-with-tears-of-joy: I wouldn't have made it removable. :cool:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back