New favorite anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemguy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nemguy123

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2016
Messages
728
Reaction score
682
Location
Long Island
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Have these guys coming in now from papa New Guinea they are really cool almost remind me of gigantea carpets :)

E966B7F8-EE39-4746-BE75-EBCA471CDC00.jpeg A621500E-FC4D-4D41-9F78-EF4370C640B3.jpeg BEEA4EC5-B736-474D-91E8-7539F81949B3.jpeg
 
I always love seeing irregular inverts, what’s the common name for it.
 
Honestly still trying to get a 100% identification on it looks to be in the Heterodactyla family
 
Honestly still trying to get a 100% identification on it looks to be in the Heterodactyla family
Good luck on the ID! And here's hoping they make their way to St. Louis some day. Some other names you may want to look into are "Thalassianthus Aster" and "Phyllodiscus Semoni". Probably not the same exact species, but possibly related? Also, new pics after it is settled in would be awesome! I'm sure it looks very cool when it opens up more!
 
Anchored to the rocks and found a spot of high flow really reminds me of how gigs attach maybe it’s a mimic anemone I’ve seen them look like Xenia before
 

Attachments

  • 13D7E2FF-F3C7-4C43-AD6E-B76CB2F37DF7.jpeg
    13D7E2FF-F3C7-4C43-AD6E-B76CB2F37DF7.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 132
  • C603BF39-11DF-4F75-B4CD-CE3611E5C388.jpeg
    C603BF39-11DF-4F75-B4CD-CE3611E5C388.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 136
That is an AWESOME looking anemone, congrats on the find! If I saw one at my LFS I'd scoop it up in heartbeat. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new