New fish for 5 gallon tank

p7willm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 5 gallon tank with a clown that lives in the frog on the left side of the tank along with some snails, crabs and a few polyps of zoas. They have all been happy for about a month now and about a week ago I added 2 peppermint shrimp. There is no ammonia or nitrites and nitrates are kept down by a 20% water change weekly. Everybody seems happy, the clown hangs out in the frog and everybody else, except the corals, wanders around the tank.

The frog and clown live on the left side with the frag plug for the frog in the sand that covers the entire bottom 1-2 inches thick. There is a bunch of live rock on the right with nothing swimming around, occasionally the shrimp swim but mostly they walk ;-}.

What little fish could I add to give some life to the right side and the upper water column?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most small fish hang around the rocks rather than the open water. Also, as clowns get bigger, they get more territorial. A 5g doesn't really afford much space for another fish.

evan-beachouse-45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most small fish hang around the rocks rather than the open water. Also, as clowns get bigger, they get more territorial. A 5g doesn't really afford much space for another fish.

+1 to that, however depending on how much space is taken up by rock you could probably have another clown in there to make a pair

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back