New fish tank with established live rock?

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers quick question I’ve been moving my tank and I’ve already got fish into my tank the bio load seems to not be enough so I added some stablished live rock that I got from a buddies tank should this rock seed my rock and therefore complete the cycle or should I also add more turbo start or anything else?

Also anyone know why my yellow rang is in the dark running side to side and along the side walls my other tangs are not doing that

image.jpg

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tang is racing because it’s super stressed. Either from your water or the tank size or the other fish.

with enough established live rock you don’t have to worry about a cycle. No way we can comment on whether or not you have enough unless you give us more details or provide much better pictures.

how big is the tank? What fish are in there? How many lbs of established live rock? Any other filtration?

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tang is racing because it’s super stressed. Either from your water or the tank size or the other fish.

with enough established live rock you don’t have to worry about a cycle. No way we can comment on whether or not you have enough unless you give us more details or provide much better pictures.

how big is the tank? What fish are in there? How many lbs of established live rock? Any other filtration?
The picture provided is what was pulled from the established tank everything else is dry and the tank size is 200 gallons there’s a sailfin and a blue powder in there as well filters socks and skimmer also

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were all those tangs together in a previous tank? Maybe the yellow is getting bullied in the new tank. The sailfin and brown can be mean.

A pic of the 200g tank with just the white lights on would be helpful. hard to judge scale of rock based on that photo.

How big are the fish and How much do you feed? 3 decent sized tangs can generate a good bit of waste.

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were all those tangs together in a previous tank? Maybe the yellow is getting bullied in the new tank. The sailfin and brown can be mean.

A pic of the 200g tank with just the white lights on would be helpful. hard to judge scale of rock based on that photo.

How big are the fish and How much do you feed? 3 decent sized tangs can generate a good bit of waste.
They were all the fish were in the same tank before about the size maybe 3in and the sailfin is a bit bigger

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back