New guy going salty...

AlexLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! New guy here.
For about a year I am doing some research and looking to get in the saltwater world. Now, I always had an aquarium in my home so I have been "born" into this hobby and I enjoy it very much.
Three months ago I received my Reefer 250 and so my third tank in my apartment has been set up. :) (don't count the QT)
117302878_3387531561299092_3635829250185395491_o.jpg

As specs is the RS Reefer 250 with all the other stuff from Red Sea: lights, wavemakers and skimmer. Down there I have also some chaeto and a Prime Fuge for growing algae.
Today, it looks like this (that is 2 months and a few days):
DSC_8028.jpg

Some easy GSP, 1 Duncan, 1 Blastomusa and one Elegance coral for now. As fish a pair of Clownfish that you never see since they are hosting the back glass behind the rocks hehe... and some snails. They all seem to do great for the moment.
Another firefish is waiting in QT and has about 2 more weeks to go.
I could not get a quality live rock in my location (I don't have any marine LFS in my town, neither in the area so I must rely on online shopping) so I use dry rock and live sand at startup.

I don't know what more to say... :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! New guy here.
For about a year I am doing some research and looking to get in the saltwater world. Now, I always had an aquarium in my home so I have been "born" into this hobby and I enjoy it very much.
Three months ago I received my Reefer 250 and so my third tank in my apartment has been set up. :) (don't count the QT)
117302878_3387531561299092_3635829250185395491_o.jpg

As specs is the RS Reefer 250 with all the other stuff from Red Sea: lights, wavemakers and skimmer. Down there I have also some chaeto and a Prime Fuge for growing algae.
Today, it looks like this (that is 2 months and a few days):
DSC_8028.jpg

Some easy GSP, 1 Duncan, 1 Blastomusa and one Elegance coral for now. As fish a pair of Clownfish that you never see since they are hosting the back glass behind the rocks hehe... and some snails. They all seem to do great for the moment.
Another firefish is waiting in QT and has about 2 more weeks to go.
I could not get a quality live rock in my location (I don't have any marine LFS in my town, neither in the area so I must rely on online shopping) so I use dry rock and live sand at startup.

I don't know what more to say... :)
Welcome!! You are always welcome to be salty with us!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back