New guy new big tank

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello and Welcome to R2R! I have two holes in each of my overflows with the smaller hole being the return line with the larger one being the return to the sump. The return is solid for most of the way up the water to a flex attachment that can be adjusted to the height of the water in the tank. That way the return helps with the surface agitation. The return has a pipe that has holes in the top with a cap. The cap has one hole in the top which I had to put a small tube into to help stop water noise.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new