New hellfire torch does it have too much flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
807
Reaction score
450
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this morning morning and I'm trying to figure out if there's too much flow.
Shout to liberty coral in O'Fallon Missouri. I ordered it online and had been talking to the owner this week. When I got there he was busy with other customers but came over to meet me and chat for a moment.
In contrast here's my other torch.



 
I’d dial it back a smidgen until it grows out a bit.
I agree. I'm not sure where to move it. I awas thinking it has too much flow, but I'm trying to figure out where to put it. Ideally it would just go next to my other torch.



20260919_164337.jpg
 
I wouldn’t put it next to your other torch. They will sting each other. If ample space is limited I would just leave it where it is. Moving coral around too much isn’t a good idea. Let it settle in and keep an eye on it. If it seems unhappy then consider moving it. Also if your not using it already get some Red Sea AB+ and dose as directed but only 2 to 3 times a week. I have had great success using it.
 
I wouldn’t put it next to your other torch. They will sting each other. If ample space is limited I would just leave it where it is. Moving coral around too much isn’t a good idea. Let it settle in and keep an eye on it. If it seems unhappy then consider moving it. Also if your not using it already get some Red Sea AB+ and dose as directed but only 2 to 3 times a week. I have had great success using it.
I have benereef, oyster feast, reef roids, and Gonipower I rotate through the week. My older torch is thriving.
I don't want the torches stinging each other.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new