New here and to Saltwater

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef life. You've got a bit of a learning curve ahead of you with an established tank that size, but nothing you can't handle. Looks really nice. We're here to help. Glad to have you with us.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
welcome51.gif

OP
OP
RahulaBond

RahulaBond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!

To respond to a few questions/comments yes my friend is always around to help me out keeping up with the tank and is walking me through it. She is the one who recommended me to look you guys here up and so glad she did!

I’m no stranger to fish and have owned a few monster fish I’m my past (oscars/Africans/pacu/dempseys) to name a few along with a large variety of tropical and pond fish in my 38 years of loving fish but it’s been about a year since I’ve had my last tanks and when she offered me hers I was (still am at times) intimidated by the saltwater scene knowing it’s so involved but I’m loving it already. I’ve had the tank for about 2 weeks now and I hope to learn how to keep up and help the reef to grow. Still unsure on what else should be stocked in it as I’m still learning about each fish there is out there.

Current resident of the tank are
2 brittle starfish
1 cleaner shrimp
Various assorted snails and hermits
2 (frostbite?) clowns
2 pj cardinals
2 Kaudern cardinals
1 fire fish
1 aiptasia eating filefish
1 yellow tang
1 Sailfin tang
1 diamond watchman goby
1 blue headed fairy wrasse

Not sure if it’s just me or if it’s actually a true fact but of all the fish I’m my past my Oscar was the one with the most personality and human to fish relationship that is until I met and started to take care of these fish. I’m thinking saltwater fish are more interactive and possibly smarter then fresh. Esp the filefish and tangs. They are so into my every movement and the Sailfin will even eat from my hand.

DD7C8FE5-4A07-4621-BDF4-3B1DE762B42A.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back