New here

Deep Thief

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Mortons Gap, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am new to this site. I was in the business, worked for a reef store for a couple of years, 17 years ago. I have been out of the hobby for 15 years while I moved, got married, had kids, and am now trying to get back at it. My brother has remaind active in the hobby so I am kinda up to date on the new advancments. I am still very old school, although, old school for me was very cutting edge back then so its not too bad.

I am in the process of setting up a 30gal reef. 150w MH, with some led moon lights, sump with skimmer and Little Giant 4 pump. 60+ pounds of live rock, well some dead base and some live to seed the base. Its in the works. I just learned about scwd's and now I can't start my reef until I get one:cry:. Maybe Santa will be good to me and leave one under the tree:wink:. Hope I can contribute to the forum and will be lurking looking for answers. Mark
 
Welcome buddy!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new