New Icecap Gyre 4k Not working?

Warpigdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased an Icecap Gyre 4k, got everything ready. It ran for 2 seconds until the control box started booting up. NOw it doesn't run. I can unplug the control box and plug it back in and it runs for 2 seconds again until the box boots up. The light for the connection is not lit. It's recognized by the app and even displays that it's running but it's not. I tried resetting the box. Deleting and reinstalling the device on the app. Everything I can think of. Anyone else have issues with these?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Inside cage are bushings and wheels
Assure they are free spinning

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, irritating question I know, but lets eliminate it, you are on the 2.4 connection, right?

On the app, in the 'status' section, you should see the gyre, running at 0%? You have to go to 'schedules', to create the schedule, then save the schedule, then gyre should start. You can't just plug it and think it will work, it wont work until you program a 'schedule'. It took me 2 days to figure this out.

Anyway, good luck.

Luna Lagoona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on 2.4. But I got it. I had to add an output and a schedule
Thank you so much for saying this! I had the same issue and until I specified an output for the schedule nothing was happening. I also had to plug in the controller and hard quit the app many times in the process. Now the status lights don't even come on my controller anymore, but at least it's working or seems to be.

What a doozie!

I would almost not recommend this to anyone who isn't very tech-savvy. I have the older white box style controller but I see they have updated that too now.

I was so completely spoiled coming from the AI app controlling the Nero 3!

I am swapping the Nero 3 for the 2k Gyre and think it's going to be a lot better for my lil lagoon and provide a more even flow overall.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back