New Journey: IM 25 Lagoon/Corals/Inverts

Elude82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Johnath. I live in the Daytona Beach area, and have been in the Saltwater Commitment for the past 5 years. Just recently I bought a IM 25 Lagoon. I’ve always wanted a low profile tank. And the AIO is appealing as I spend 10-16 hours at work each day.

I’m not a “traditional” hobbyist. I will do things that some will have strong opinions about. (Ex. I don’t do the traditional cycling of tanks.) Also, at times I may have two species in the same tank that normally are frowned upon by keeping them together. I have learned by mistakes, and don’t repeat them.

As I am new to smaller tanks, Invertebrates, and mostly Corals, I welcome all opinions, tips, and shared experiences. I firmly believe in this hobby, shared info is key for everyone’s benefits. If you are the type that snubs your nose, and enjoys other’s failures, please move onto the next post.
Please refrain from the “I heard this” or “I read that”, I’m looking for the “I’ve done that” or “I’ve tried that”.

For all that want to follow me, and this new journey, thanks. I will be 100% honest in all I do, things I add, and things that may fail. This way, we all can learn, especially if you are interested in the same topics I post about.

Let’s start off by asking:
1. What is your favorite thing about your smaller tanks?
2. The most challenging part of your smaller tanks?
3. And your absolute must-have in your small tank?

Looking forward to this with everyone!!!!
Thanks in advance
IMG_4106.JPG

OP
OP
Elude82

Elude82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer my questions as well:
1. Favorite thing about the smaller tank is the low profile design.
2. Most challenging part, knowing I can’t fit as much livestock in smaller tanks.
3. My must-have for my small tank is an Anemone/Clownfish duo. I feel that will bring me great satisfaction.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 87 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back