New Kiwi here

nikolav

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
16
Location
New Zealand
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there
A new guy here.
A had a few reef tanks like 12-15 years ago. Back in the days I started with a 250l reef tank. After a few months I decided two tanks were too much hassle and I converted my 600 Tanganyika tank to be a reef one. Being built as a freshwater tank in mind, it had some design flaws (cabinet not tall enough etc) and it was nightmare to deal with. So after a year I swapped it for a Red Sea cube nano-ish tank (can't remember measurements now). One more year passed, everything was going smoothish, but then I changed the country and had to abandon the hobby.
Fast forward 12 years and here I am back again with a fresh new 80l all in one nano cube. Turns out I have forgotten all I knew about reefs (and it wasn't that much to begin with), so guys, bear with me. I'll have a lot of questions :)

Originally Bulgarian, but for the last 12 years I've been living in New Zealand, which I call home now.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hello & welcome!
IMG_5101.png
 
Hi there
A new guy here.
A had a few reef tanks like 12-15 years ago. Back in the days I started with a 250l reef tank. After a few months I decided two tanks were too much hassle and I converted my 600 Tanganyika tank to be a reef one. Being built as a freshwater tank in mind, it had some design flaws (cabinet not tall enough etc) and it was nightmare to deal with. So after a year I swapped it for a Red Sea cube nano-ish tank (can't remember measurements now). One more year passed, everything was going smoothish, but then I changed the country and had to abandon the hobby.
Fast forward 12 years and here I am back again with a fresh new 80l all in one nano cube. Turns out I have forgotten all I knew about reefs (and it wasn't that much to begin with), so guys, bear with me. I'll have a lot of questions :)

Originally Bulgarian, but for the last 12 years I've been living in New Zealand, which I call home now.
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new