New Led Lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter kerrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kerrick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
chattanooga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to CRC and just wanted to show some images of my new LED light I built. The lights are Cree XRE (24 white and 24 royal blue). The driver are dim able and will hopefully be hooked up to a reef keeper one day. The frame is all stainless steel. [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 106
VERY COOL! Several of us have been looking into making some lights out of the Crees. Please keep us updated on how the LEds work out! More pictures would be great to! And glad you found us. Are you new to the hobby? Tell us alittle about your setup.
 
I have had my tank for about 10 years now but I could never afford to stock it like I wanted. I have recently started investing into it for corals by upgrading to a Reefdynamics skimmer and these LEDs. The LEDs are replacing 6 t5s and the difference is incredible. The LEDs are a lot brighter and I like the dimming function because it allows for a wide range of light color and intensity.
 
Cool! hope you can make it to our next meeting!
 
Hey Kerrick it's me Jim, good to see you on the site! Next meeting may be at my house. Be good to have you over again. Think you'll like seeing every ones tanks.
 
I'm looking forward to it. I saw some photos of your tank and there's a lot of growth since I saw it last. Looks great. I will keep checking for posts on the next meeting and hopefully it will fit my schedule. Thx.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new