New life spectrum ich shield powder

Brett newell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all,

I would like to share some experience on NLS ick shield powder. I have been using it it for a little over 2 years now with great success. I've used it prophylactically on at least 50 to 60 fish. I used it to treat all my fish a couple years ago while letting the display go fallow. It worked well, I saw no spots after the first couple days in qt. I trested for 6 weeks then observed for 4 weeks before putting them back in display.

I then treated used it for every additional fish I added with no issues. I started doing qt for friends and family and all went well.

So, about a year ago I broke out my inner humblefish and started buying fish in bad shape from local stores and started treating them to practice. I lost a few fish during this but not many. A hippo that was real bad didnt make it and a CBB died of bacterial, go figure.

So, to the point...if anybody has seen this but not tried it it has worked very well for me. If you haven't seen or heard of it, I encourage you to add it to your arsenal of fish meds.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all,

I would like to share some experience on NLS ick shield powder. I have been using it it for a little over 2 years now with great success. I've used it prophylactically on at least 50 to 60 fish. I used it to treat all my fish a couple years ago while letting the display go fallow. It worked well, I saw no spots after the first couple days in qt. I trested for 6 weeks then observed for 4 weeks before putting them back in display.

I then treated used it for every additional fish I added with no issues. I started doing qt for friends and family and all went well.

So, about a year ago I broke out my inner humblefish and started buying fish in bad shape from local stores and started treating them to practice. I lost a few fish during this but not many. A hippo that was real bad didnt make it and a CBB died of bacterial, go figure.

So, to the point...if anybody has seen this but not tried it it has worked very well for me. If you haven't seen or heard of it, I encourage you to add it to your arsenal of fish meds.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you follow the recommended dosage or did you deviate from it at all?

OP
OP
Brett newell

Brett newell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, knew I was gonna forget something.

It is dosed 1 scoop per 20 gallons. I use a 20L for qt that I fill to about 18 gallons. I do 1 scoop to start. Then do 2 50% waterchanges weekly and redose the full amount. So in theory, the dose should continue to increase over the 4 to 5 week treatment. I also dose metro and kanaplex for the first and last week of the CP treatment.

Might be a little overkill on the treatment but I've lost more fish to carpet surfing out of qt than died in the tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back