New light and asking for input on bulb choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter cplatts32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cplatts32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2015
Messages
174
Reaction score
77
Location
Reno, NV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your guys' thoughts on the best metal halide bulb out there. Just switched from a coralife MH aqualight (2x150w) which had coralife 20k bulbs in them and also had 50/50 PC bulbs as well. I did get accustomed to the blueness of the tank, but I hear that the bluer the kelvin, the slower coral growth is? Is this true? I bought a new Hamilton MH light 2x250w w/ 4x54w T5. Have 10k bulbs in now and is seems so WHITE, not sure if I like it but I also don't want to prohibit coral growth, I'm already impatient as it is!! From what I've read, everyone likes radium and Xms? What are your guys opinions and thoughts on this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new