New Lobo puffier when lights are out

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new lobo yesterday. Here's a pic. It's the one in the middle with two polyps
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1425857518.596283.jpg

I moved it away from the favia yesterday so they wouldn't bother each other. This morning before my lights came on I noticed that it was puffier. I have leds with whites maybe running at 50% and blues at about 60%. The lights have been on about four hours and it doesn't look as full. Color and otherwise fine. Flow is the same although it's putting off a little slime. Could this be a sign that it needs even less light?
 
Today it's still not puffy, but the mouths are open. I think the lights are only on 4 hours. The Acans and favia look fine. Are Lobos more picky about light or flow?
 
If parameters are stable the lights may be extended up to 8 hrs

Ok. I was just acclimating. But the lobo looks really unhappy and deflated. This morning I moved it into a low flow low light area. The Acans and favia look fine. Are Lobos more sensitive?
 
I just read that moving them stresses them out. I'm going to leave him alone for a few weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new