New member from Massachusetts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eyedogtor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome, Pat!!! I couldn't agree more with auto water changes being the single greatest maintenance help. Thanks for sharing!
 
Welcome!! That size tank would be a dream for me. It looks great!
7BAF8A91-55F3-4CCF-B700-A5CCE30EF61C.gif
 
Hey,

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as a new member.

We just went through a major home remodel, and as part of the process broke down our previous 150-gallon cube reef (that had been up and running for 8 tears) with the help of a great LFS team. About 3 months later, we were ready to get going with a new set-up, starting with an incredible Waterbox Reef Pro 190.5 rimless - which is really awesome.

The tank has been up for about 7 weeks now, and things are going well so far. We wanted to really try and maximize tech this time and automate as much as possible (something we never did previously). So the build looks like this:

Reef Pro PLUS 190.5

3 x AI Hydra 32 units

COR 20 return pump

neptune WAV 2 pack

2LF 550 reactors

APEX wifi controller

DOS pump for auto water change

Jebao DP-4 dosing pump for aquaforest 3-part

As I said, this is night and day from the previous set-up - which was as low-tech as it could be, and so far I am really enjoying it 9I know it's early). The biggest thing I love so far is the auto water change - doing 1 gallon a day from a 40 gallon barrel in our basement.

So far just rock, sand and 1 piece of multi rock (zoas, bubble tip, leather) that I just added a few weeks ago, a flame tail blenny (awesome) and an interesting group of 3 Davinci clowns that had been given up to the LFS and been together for over a year. I thought I would try them, and they moved over into the tank with no problems and are all inseparable.

I look forward to meeting everyone and getting some great advice in the coming years!

Thanks,

Pat

20191221_112118 (1).jpg 20191221_112139 (1).jpg
Welcome and happy Holidays
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new