New member, More questions! :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kerryn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kerryn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Saltwater Aquarium Community!!
I'm a newbie to both this community and to salt water aquariums. In my position at the Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery centre, I help maintain the 3, 1000 litre salt water tanks and the one touch tank we have. In them, we keep a very small variety of temperate marine life, including fish (bream, drummers, wrasse, sweep and even the odd toadfish), Octopus tectricus (gloomy octopus aka sydney common octopus), and invertebrates such as seastars, urchins, seasnails and slugs.

Despite having well educated staff, (a marine biologist, a marine scientist and myself - I have a degree in coastal management), none of us are professional aquarists and so this is a fairly large learning curve for us all.

I'm hoping that via this forum I will be able to ask some questions, and find answers or at least be pushed in the right direction.

So, thanks for having me and I look forward to talking fish and other marine tankie things...
 
Well, hello there!! Welcome to R2R!!


Tonya
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new