New Member!

Aquaticbirbs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I'm reacclimating back into to the hobby. I had 2 20-gallon FOWLR tanks at home, and I worked on a 100-gallon saltwater inverts tank at my high school (I think they have fish in it now). When I went to college, I broke down all 7 tanks in my room and went fishless for 5 years. Now that I graduated, I'm starting fresh with a nice 75-gallon!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi all! I'm reacclimating back into to the hobby. I had 2 20-gallon FOWLR tanks at home, and I worked on a 100-gallon saltwater inverts tank at my high school (I think they have fish in it now). When I went to college, I broke down all 7 tanks in my room and went fishless for 5 years. Now that I graduated, I'm starting fresh with a nice 75-gallon!
I love the dedication party On !🤘
 
Welcome4.jpg
Sounds like you already have quite some experience. You said you went 5 years fishless. Do you mean inverts only or do you mean corals?
 
Oh, I should have said tankless instead, sorry. I did have a betta in my freshman year, but then gave it to my friend. I actually never owned or worked with corals before. Our invert tank in school was brand new, and we had some snails, hermit crabs, and feather dusters; everything was fine for 3 months, then COVID hit. I graduated that year, so I never got to see the tank fully evolve when people started going back to school.
 
Oh, I should have said tankless instead, sorry. I did have a betta in my freshman year, but then gave it to my friend. I actually never owned or worked with corals before. Our invert tank in school was brand new, and we had some snails, hermit crabs, and feather dusters; everything was fine for 3 months, then COVID hit. I graduated that year, so I never got to see the tank fully evolve when people started going back to school.
Are you planning on keeping corals? 🙃
 
Hi all! I'm reacclimating back into to the hobby. I had 2 20-gallon FOWLR tanks at home, and I worked on a 100-gallon saltwater inverts tank at my high school (I think they have fish in it now). When I went to college, I broke down all 7 tanks in my room and went fishless for 5 years. Now that I graduated, I'm starting fresh with a nice 75-gallon!
Welcome in and welcome back to the wonderful world
 
I'm actually not sure, to be honest with you. I was thinking of leaving this tank a FOWLR until I do more research on corals. In the future, and if they're ok with the fish species I plan to keep, I'd love to add GSP and Pulsing Xenia.
It's a slippery slope I whole heartedly encourage you to go down!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new