New Middle TN Reefer

wstmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to Middle TN about 2 years ago, and about to rejoin the hobby.

Over the years i have had several different tanks, ranging from bio-cubes all the way up to a 400 gallon predator tank. With various stops along the way. Life happened, met a girl, moved to Maryland, got married, had a kid, moved to TN, had another kid... And here we are. Tankless....

Made the decision to rejoin the hobby, and starting a new reef tank. I live in Chapel Hill, so about an hour south of Nashville. Wanting to go get a new tank today, and trying to avoid PetSmart and Petco tanks, and try and support the smaller stores and start building a relationship with them.

So two questions for the MTRC group:
1) What are your go to stores in the middle TN area
2) Which LFS carry tanks in stock that I could pick up. Looking to be in the 50 to 75 gallon range. Wife would kill me if i showed up with a huge tank off the bat :) gotta get her warmed into it.

Thanks!

Huynhter_Soldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This group is usually pretty dead and more active on fb. But the LFS around the Nashville area would be Emerald Bay, 7sea and aquatic critter.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are still quite of few of us from the area that monitor R2R regularly in this forum, but FB page definitely has more traction.

Local stores:
Aquatic Critter - closest to you
7Seas - Gallatin/Hendersonville area
Emerald Bay - this store moved and I can't recall exactly where it is now in the Nashville area.
Clarksville Reef & Reptile - obviously clarksville, lol

I have a 75g that I have had up and running for about 6 years now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back