New MP40 (MP40MQD) Can't Connect to WXM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what’s the point of buying a new pump/newer pump, if you have to downgrade to firmware to old firmware? I don’t think I would purchase something that I had to downgrade the firmware when I received it.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s the point of buying a new pump/newer pump, if you have to downgrade to firmware to old firmware? I don’t think I would purchase something that I had to downgrade the firmware when I received it.
You dont 'have' to downgrade the firmware when you recieve it.

You only downgrade the firmware if you want to hook the new device up to your Apex.

The product works straight out of the box with Mobius - Some people have issues but the majority dont.

Blame it on Ecotech or Neptune but the new pumps dont work with the Apex with the firmware they are shipped with on - Thats all.

K-Werks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up because I wish I knew this before I purchased an MP40, and it might save someone a headache some weekend: downgrading will not be possible, at least temporarily, on some ecotech devices.

Installed a brand new MP40 on 13 Feb 2022. Attempted to downgrade so I could use WXM/Apex. Followed the directions in the video posted to ecotech’s site and above (https://support.ecotechmarine.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049485273-Mobius-Firmware-Rollback-to-ESL).

Kept getting a pop up stating “Downgrading is not supported on this device.”

Sent an email to ecotech and the customer service rep indicated that Vortech and Vectra devices made after 1 Dec 2021 cannot be downgraded at this time. There will “likely” be an upgrade in the future that will allow the downgrade, but they don’t know when that will be.

I suggested that ecotech post this info to the webpage with the downgrade/rollback instructional video.

Addonnis242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@K-Werks Did you ever get this solved? I've tried to downgrade my MP40s as the instructional video shows and every time it kicks me out of Mobius and won't let me log in because there's no wifi. To me Mobius is terrible and if I can't get this firmware downgraded, I'm going to have to find different powerheads.

K-Werks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@K-Werks Did you ever get this solved? I've tried to downgrade my MP40s as the instructional video shows and every time it kicks me out of Mobius and won't let me log in because there's no wifi. To me Mobius is terrible and if I can't get this firmware downgraded, I'm going to have to find different powerheads.
Hey, Addonnis242, beyond what I posted above, no, I did not get this solved.

I am using Mobius for that single MP40, hoping that one day, Ecotech will provide an update so I can downgrade the firmware and control it via Apex. (I’m not holding my breath. Mobius keeps “kindly“ offering to upgrade the firmware and take control of my MP10 and Radion, which I imagine will kick them off my Apex....no thanks.) I think the only way to control the MP40 via Apex will be to use one of the few precious outlets on the EB832, which of course, only gives you on/off; advanced programming still has to go through Mobius. If I’m wrong on this, I would welcome someone correcting me. Ironically for Ecotech, this disconnect from Apex is pushing me towards Neptune products.....

Good luck. Please keep us updated if things change or you discover a work around.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Addonnis242, beyond what I posted above, no, I did not get this solved.

I am using Mobius for that single MP40, hoping that one day, Ecotech will provide an update so I can downgrade the firmware and control it via Apex. (I’m not holding my breath. Mobius keeps “kindly“ offering to upgrade the firmware and take control of my MP10 and Radion, which I imagine will kick them off my Apex....no thanks.) I think the only way to control the MP40 via Apex will be to use one of the few precious outlets on the EB832, which of course, only gives you on/off; advanced programming still has to go through Mobius. If I’m wrong on this, I would welcome someone correcting me. Ironically for Ecotech, this disconnect from Apex is pushing me towards Neptune products.....

Good luck. Please keep us updated if things change or you discover a work around.
No, eco tech has said many times before they will not ever be interfaced with apex again. Period.
the only way to actually downgrade the newer pumps is to pull out the newer black RF chip inside the driver and replace it with an older green one.
Other than that, your only option is to use mobius for EVERYTHING ECOTECH moving forward.

I agree tho, because of this, I will not be buying any new ecotech gear ever again. Between the complete failure of mobius and their complete lack of caring for their customer and unwillingness to help keep their older stuff working they just are completely off my radar.

they used to be a great company who actually cared and would try to help if there issues. That has changed dramitically over the years and now they are nothing more than corporate scumbags IMO

jkcoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recent information on this? I just picked up a couple MP40s based upon EcoTech's website indicating you could rollback the firmware to work with Apex & WXM, but am getting the “Downgrading is not supported on this device.”

jkcoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
response from ecotech in case its helpful to anyone else

Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine. Any Vortech or Vectra with a Manufacture date of 12/02/21 or later cannot be downgraded at this time. With that said there likely will be an update in the near future that allows the downgrade process to occur. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a specific ETA on when this will be available. Please feel free to reach back out anytime to get further information in the future.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back