New Nano LEDs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lolmatt Issue seems to go away once connected to a digital timer, ordered one off amazon and now i have the timer enable power to the light 1 minutes before the programming rotates, although this does mean that your first minute of light is still pure white.
Yeah I ended up doing that too. Fairly satisfied with this workaround. Awesome little light.

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is there so much confusion in here over the light settings? seems pretty straight forward but people are adding external timers for no reason.

First off, the table showing which channel (A/B/C) is incorrect which is probably why people are using the incorrect settings. A is the blue/purple, B is the cool blue, C is the whites.

If you set timers 1 and 3 as 5% B (Cool Blue) then you'll have the moon lights before/after actual lighting rampup and over night. Then set time 2 (high noon timer) as whatever you want the mid day max to be, lets say 80% blue (A and B), 60% white (C), the light will go from moon lights over night into early morning and slowly ramp up to your 80/60 high noon lighting then ramp down back to your 5% B cool blue moon lights through the night.

The lack of comments/reviews/understanding/clarification from reef breeders is a bit of a turn off and could be why less people are using these or writing about them. There are basically no reviews anywhere on the web about these which is a bummer as they seem very promising but nobody knows how to use them properly.

Mine are on order and I should have them soon to report back on what I've gathered. But after reading through this thread I had to post something in hopes to get confirmation that my understanding of how to use them is accurate/incorrect. Either way I'll be posting my hands on experience soon.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're
Why is there so much confusion in here over the light settings? seems pretty straight forward but people are adding external timers for no reason.

First off, the table showing which channel (A/B/C) is incorrect which is probably why people are using the incorrect settings. A is the blue/purple, B is the cool blue, C is the whites.

If you set timers 1 and 3 as 5% B (Cool Blue) then you'll have the moon lights before/after actual lighting rampup and over night. Then set time 2 (high noon timer) as whatever you want the mid day max to be, lets say 80% blue (A and B), 60% white (C), the light will go from moon lights over night into early morning and slowly ramp up to your 80/60 high noon lighting then ramp down back to your 5% B cool blue moon lights through the night.

The lack of comments/reviews/understanding/clarification from reef breeders is a bit of a turn off and could be why less people are using these or writing about them. There are basically no reviews anywhere on the web about these which is a bummer as they seem very promising but nobody knows how to use them properly.

Mine are on order and I should have them soon to report back on what I've gathered. But after reading through this thread I had to post something in hopes to get confirmation that my understanding of how to use them is accurate/incorrect. Either way I'll be posting my hands on experience soon.
I'm glad those settings work for you. I don't want my lights on all night (I think moonlight settings are useless), and I would rather have an hour of all blue before and after the normal ramp time. The external timer mostly solves those desires, barring 2 minutes of full power when the timer first kicks on every day.

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're

I'm glad those settings work for you. I don't want my lights on all night (I think moonlight settings are useless), and I would rather have an hour of all blue before and after the normal ramp time. The external timer mostly solves those desires, barring 2 minutes of full power when the timer first kicks on every day.
In your case I’d probably add a tiny blue led light on a separate timer for the before after effect and use 0/max/0 on this main light instead of putting this main light on a timer. But I get what you are after now. 2 more set points within this light would be ideal to obtain what you’re after for sure. Apologies for misunderstanding that part.

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as lolmatt, I have no desire for moonlight and use the timer to control this.
Since you guys have had it since August or so now, how do you like the light? How’s the growth and would you recommend it to others?

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you guys have had it since August or so now, how do you like the light? How’s the growth and would you recommend it to others?

My tank is brand new, so I'm not sure how much my feedback will matter but I can't say I have seen any growth on the 2 zoa frags currently in the tank. I also apparently got a bad fan in my light, sounds like the bearing is going out and making a grinding noise, called rb for a warranty replacement and haven't heard back as they claimed they were waiting for more to come in stock. That was around a month ago, going to be contacting them again shortly as I have to believe they get more in by now.

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s not very promising. Part of the selling point was a US distributor and the warranty support. I just ordered one a few days ago and it arrives tomorrow so they def have them in stock. I’d reach back out to them again if I were you. Or consider taking it apart and replacing the fan with a more reliable brand

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back to say I am extremely impressed with the light. The settings are easy a f and the ramp up/down is beautiful. I have an evo 13.5 this light covers it perfectly at around 5” or so above the water. All my corals look way happier already and I just installed it this morning upgrading from the stock led light that came with the tank. Just about done with 1 full day with the high noon setting at 80A/80B/60C and cant stop staring at the tank. The shimmer is mesmerizing. Thanks reef breeders

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is brand new, so I'm not sure how much my feedback will matter but I can't say I have seen any growth on the 2 zoa frags currently in the tank. I also apparently got a bad fan in my light, sounds like the bearing is going out and making a grinding noise, called rb for a warranty replacement and haven't heard back as they claimed they were waiting for more to come in stock. That was around a month ago, going to be contacting them again shortly as I have to believe they get more in by now.

Send me an email! I will get that new light out right away. Sorry I must have lost track of your email.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s not very promising. Part of the selling point was a US distributor and the warranty support. I just ordered one a few days ago and it arrives tomorrow so they def have them in stock. I’d reach back out to them again if I were you. Or consider taking it apart and replacing the fan with a more reliable brand

The fans were updated with our latest shipment, we were out of stock for a bit for this reason. Our first shipment was smaller so there aren't too many lights out there with potentially noisy fans. If you do experience fan noise just reach out to us and we'll get it fixed asap.

Rjiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any PAR readings on these yet? How is everyone liking them after a few months?

I am also looking for a blue look in the morning and evening. The ramp up/down probably wouldn’t change the color produced just the intensity if I set timer 1 and 3 at 5% and used those for the moon light. Is this correct?

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am also looking for a blue look in the morning and evening. The ramp up/down probably wouldn’t change the color produced just the intensity if I set timer 1 and 3 at 5% and used those for the moon light. Is this correct?
Intensity is set on each channel separately. But sure, your idea will work fine.

The light is OK. I occasionally prefer the simplicity of the v1. The fan is kinda annoying because it will constantly turn on and off. Overall it's a good light and nothing else really touches this price. But an AI prime would be a significant improvement in every way.

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the light is okay but imo the 3 set points don’t add enough preciseness is color choices throughout the day. You set your on/high noon/off settings and it does the rest without you having any control over the ramp up / down schedule. You just get whatever it does. After a couple months of no real customization options aside from changing high noon intensity, I finally upgraded to the AI Prime 16hd and couldn’t be happier. I started getting weird algae growth on my glass over the last week or two and only where the light hits directly. After swapping lights it stopped.

69cam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put this light on my 3g pico and luv it so far.

Quest is, how long does the light keep memory when power goes out?

mandarix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I just brought this light. TBH, the fan seems kind of loud. Wondering if I got an earlier model. It's definitely not silent (can hear quite easily from the next room, and the turning on/off is distracting).

I'm in process of setting up new tank, so there are no other noises (pumps, for eg) to drown out the fan noise of the light. I'm not sure what an acceptable baseline noise level would be for the fan, but if I can hear it over the pump I would be disappointed.

Just reaching out to see what others think about the fan noise? I brought light in Australia (I'm posting here as there are few places talking about this model). Wondering if I should reach out to the seller?

Apart from the fan issue, the build quality seems really good and the light seems to perform well. I found it easy enough to program.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I just brought this light. TBH, the fan seems kind of loud. Wondering if I got an earlier model. It's definitely not silent (can hear quite easily from the next room, and the turning on/off is distracting).

I'm in process of setting up new tank, so there are no other noises (pumps, for eg) to drown out the fan noise of the light. I'm not sure what an acceptable baseline noise level would be for the fan, but if I can hear it over the pump I would be disappointed.

Just reaching out to see what others think about the fan noise? I brought light in Australia (I'm posting here as there are few places talking about this model). Wondering if I should reach out to the seller?

Apart from the fan issue, the build quality seems really good and the light seems to perform well. I found it easy enough to program.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that! If you bought it from us we can service it for you, however since you are based in AU you may need to contact your local retailer to get that fixed. All of our lights are new inventory with the updated fans.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set this light up on my new 3g cube and I'm impressed! Still toying with light settings but I'm very glad I went with this one. I don't notice much noise from the fan personally? However, the pump running in the tank is pretty loud so it may drown it out. Still working on trying to dampen that. Anyone else have any channel setting recommendations? My tank is only about 11inches deep so I started the settings lower, nothing in there yet so I have time to play around.

69cam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set this light up on my new 3g cube and I'm impressed! Still toying with light settings but I'm very glad I went with this one. I don't notice much noise from the fan personally? However, the pump running in the tank is pretty loud so it may drown it out. Still working on trying to dampen that. Anyone else have any channel setting recommendations? My tank is only about 11inches deep so I started the settings lower, nothing in there yet so I have time to play around.
I have the blues at 80% and white at 40. Corals are growing ok.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We since updated the fans, it was only an issue with one batch last year. I recommend starting out at 40% power, and working up to about 80% on the blues, whatever you want on the white channel to balance the colors out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back