New & need help !!!

patten79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater world and I recently brought a trigger sump 34 for my 120 gal. tank. Can anybody help me with selecting a good Protein Skimmer ?

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice system you have, I have about the same size system a 120g DT and a 40g breeder tank as my sump. I run an older SWC 160 skimmer on this system for 3 yrs now with no issues. My tank is a good mix of LPS & SPS great color and growth. This skimmer may be a little small for this set up but my fish load is small and I have never really had issues with my tank. So proper size skimmer, do you want a DC pump you have more control over, what will your Bio load look like, will you run Bio pellets at all and skimmer access( is it easy to get to and clean)? These are a few things to consider as you are making your decision, another way to think of it, do you like a certain brand name, if so can you find one that answers the above questions for you? I have a second system and on it I run a Vertex skimmer, once again a very good skimmer - works great for this system. Good luck!!!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater world and I recently brought a trigger sump 34 for my 120 gal. tank. Can anybody help me with selecting a good Protein Skimmer ?
Welcome to R2R!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
zOk7nol.gif
I use the reef octopus skimmer. And I've never had an issue with it. Breaks in quickly and always pulls a good skim. Coralvues customer service is excellent to. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-150int-6-internal-protein-skimmer.html just double check your sumps skimmer section dimensions to the skimmer footprint decisions on the website and that the skimmer is rated for your tank size :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back