New nem help

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone i bought this bubble tip maybe a week ago and im starting to realize its some what bleached, i bought it like this and im just wondering what i can do to help it color back up, the lfs said it was a green bta or possibility of being a rose, im going to feed it a chunk of shrimp twice a week, it takes the food very fast and gulps it down.
Last question is it getting enough light in the spot it chose, if you can see in the pic its basically half under a rock and half in the light, i know it can and will move but just wondering if hes doing ok and looks ok to an experienced eye.

E818632E-598B-4FAD-88FC-BD91B2234E6B.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it where it is and not change anything. Realize your Nem has placed itself there because it is comfortable with the light and flow conditions. You only have it a week. Give it time to settle in.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feed it, try something less chunky like mysis at first. It does not look bleached, but hard to tell in that light. If it were bleached you would have to feed it.

OP
OP
Subuchef

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know atleast enough to leave it be hes poked out the sides oft he rock in a few different areas but likes this side, ill post another with more whites didnt think about that. Also should his tentacles be kind of see through? I thought they should be more solid atleast from pics ive seen. Ill feed some mysis next week, thanks for the info guys

OP
OP
Subuchef

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19d52da1ab746ecc43de039f87e32bfa.jpg
3b619cfa1e39be264830b16ee0bf2055.jpg

One with flash and one just more whites i thought there foot shouldnt have any white and that indicates bleaching? By all means i have no clue but i try and read as much as i can

OP
OP
Subuchef

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. Sorry for the post on nothing but me worrying. Last few things if you dont mind. Will it ever color up or is this the nems true color? Since it was sold to me as a green bta i was kind of expecting some green somewhere haha. Also ive read its common for them to close up and come out as they please and this fella does it once a day is that normal?

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually close up at night. Color depends on many factors. Once it adjusts to your tank light and parameters it will settle on a color.

OP
OP
Subuchef

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh so it can choose what color it was? Thats crazy cool, my lighting are two hydra 26 hds over a 75g ran max blues and purples, little white green red maybe 15-20 on those

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh so it can choose what color it was? Thats crazy cool, my lighting are two hydra 26 hds over a 75g ran max blues and purples, little white green red maybe 15-20 on those

Not choose its color. I meant it could get a deeper color. Although a “mood” anemone would be cool.

OP
OP
Subuchef

Subuchef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be cool lol. Honestly i dont know if i havent noticed it or the nem just colored up today but when i got home its very very green, there still see through but a neon green hue to it. Is it normal for them to look kind of see through?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back