New Octospawn/ coral arrangement

Darryn Lyon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a new Octospawn frag, located in the top right of the pic, and decided to rearrange the pieces in my tank, and this is what I came up with. Im running a stock Biocube 32, and bear in mind the Biocube LEDs are pretty weak. I've had to move most of my coral to at least halfway up to get decent light. Is this still too much light for the Octospawn? It's a higher light piece, correct?
c0f57708d23412b4225087b1f2c6121a.jpg
 
Most corals in the Euphyllia genus like slightly lower light and flow. In a BioCube, you are probably fine. If it starts not to open, move it lower. It's generally best to start these corals near the bottom and gradually move them up higher until you reach its sweet spot, doing it the other way around could shock it.
 
I notice your hammer and your bubble coral are lower. If they are happy at that level, your octospawn probably will be too. I would start it lower, then gradually move up if you prefer the higher placement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new