New on R2R, needing advice with mating ruby red scooters

Rosco's_Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
15
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am recently new to reefing and have successfully bread freshwater fish in the past so I understand the steps involved. I have a pair of ruby red scooters that are mating in my tank and I am looking for advice to try and successfully raise atleast a few of the offspring.
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-1962223774_1_1.mp4
    14.8 MB
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R! I have no experience with mating fish, but someone here will I'm sure. Good luck to you!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move
 
Hello I am recently new to reefing and have successfully bread freshwater fish in the past so I understand the steps involved. I have a pair of ruby red scooters that are mating in my tank and I am looking for advice to try and successfully raise atleast a few of the offspring.
Have good water quality and maintain salinity and temperature. Most of the fry are often up to the parents. Best first food is baby brine or rotifiers
 
Welcome to the community! I'd definitely go make a post on the breeding section of the forum, and see if anyone familiar with that breed, can give you some pointers/guidance! :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new