maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

New to R2R and reef.

I'm putting together this AIO tank and doing everything my self. This photo shows my idea for filtration. What do you think? Any suggestion?

filtration-1.jpg

—————————————————
Skimmer: @reefglass
Pump: @sicceus Nano 110GPH
Filtration: @Eshopps Bio-Lux
Tank: 4.1 Gallons @ultumnaturesystems
—————————————————

Thanks all!

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me. I prefer chemipure nano + filter pads over skimmer + ceramic balls. Light? I use Kessil A80. Whats your stocking plans?

Hi,

Light will be a Kessil A80.

I'll use Chemipure nano the bag will fit on some spot and the ceramic balls are replaced by the Bio-Lux Ceramic Media.

The majority will be soft corals, I love Zoas, but with the skimmer, I can try some not easy corals may be some SPS and see how goes.

Thanks

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I like to use rubble in the back with my picos for filtration over any other ceramic media. Does the same thing though. Make sure you have a spot for a heater if it is needed. For that tank, a tiny little one would be fine.
I also make little racks from egg crate to fit into the back to separate the media (chemipure blue, rubble, sponge, etc).

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For zoas and most softies, you wont need much filtration , assuming you are low on bioload. You should be able to keep some monti as well as easy to keep acros like green slimer with once a week water change schedule.

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I like to use rubble in the back with my picos for filtration over any other ceramic media. Does the same thing though. Make sure you have a spot for a heater if it is needed. For that tank, a tiny little one would be fine.
I also make little racks from egg crate to fit into the back to separate the media (chemipure blue, rubble, sponge, etc).

Hi,

Thanks for you advice, which rubble do you use?

I'll use Chemipure blue and some sponge too.

Thanks.
M.

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For zoas and most softies, you wont need much filtration , assuming you are low on bioload. You should be able to keep some monti as well as easy to keep acros like green slimer with once a week water change schedule.

Hey,

are you telling me I can have this corals?

greenslimer2-600x600.jpg
German Blue Digitata Montipora.jpg

Green Slimer and Blue Digitata Montipora. I'm using images because I don't know all the names of the corals yet :)

Yes, I always do a water change every week fo 25%; do you think I can have some SPS having a skimmer and water changes?

M.

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! The tank looks awesome, the only thing I would add is a bag of Seachem Purigen, i love that stuff.
Good luck, happy reefing and God bless!

Thank you! Yes, I'll use Chemipure blue nano which I understand is similar.

M.

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

just wanna share the photos of the finished project :)

IMG_7488.png
IMG_7489.png

And now is full water and cycling :D

7F1E4DD0-FAFC-47E6-AC95-D7DDBB146EA9.png

Did I use live sand CaribSea and Nutri-SeaWater, how long should be the cycle?

Thank you.
Martin IMG_7490.png

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put some live rock in there, no cycle at all. At this point, you need some rock to make live. I know that biofilter media is suppose to do that, but good old rock is my favorite.
In a pico you can have any corals you want, well, except most gorgonia as they get too large and do not look so pretty unless large. :) And, well, open brains get pretty big too. Okay, some restrictions, but with softies and sps and many lps, you can have the world (underwater world).
Cannot wait to see it come alive!

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seven months, with losses and changes, testing, and experiments, here is my pico tank update.

IMG_8820.png

IMG_8820.png

3D78F719-5EEB-4467-BB82-A385F8B209DF.png

IMG_8586.png

IMG_8596.png

IMG_8609.png

IMG_8774.png
IMG_8778.png
IMG_8780.png

The last experiment is a mini refugium with chaeto algae to try to slow Phosphates.

IMG_8797.png

IMG_8798.png

After five days of no luck, phosphates still high. :( I try to feed only the necessary but still too small

M.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats pretty impressive growth for 7months. Bravo.

The po4 may be something u can manage with chemi-pure elite in small quantities. Rotated in an available chamber. Are you still running carbon? If yes, which?

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats pretty impressive growth for 7months. Bravo.

The po4 may be something u can manage with chemi-pure elite in small quantities. Rotated in an available chamber. Are you still running carbon? If yes, which?

Thank you @RichtheReefer21 !

Yes, I'm running carbon, I'm using Chemi-pure Blue.

I'm feeding with Polyplab Reef-Roids mixed with ReefNutrition PHYTO-FEAST, and dosing amino RedSea.

The po4 problem is hard in this small tank, I created a pico refugium with a hang-on filter and helps, I started to feed less and more targeted for corals and the fish more pellets instead of frozen food, and of course water changes.

I never used Chemi-pure Elite, do you think I should switch to Elite instead of Blue?

Thank you again.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @RichtheReefer21 !

Yes, I'm running carbon, I'm using Chemi-pure Blue.

I'm feeding with Polyplab Reef-Roids mixed with ReefNutrition PHYTO-FEAST, and dosing amino RedSea.

The po4 problem is hard in this small tank, I created a pico refugium with a hang-on filter and helps, I started to feed less and more targeted for corals and the fish more pellets instead of frozen food, and of course water changes.

I never used Chemi-pure Elite, do you think I should switch to Elite instead of Blue?

Thank you again.
Preference i suppose.

And ya i suppose if ur feeding all that then po4 will be tough to manage. Gl

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back