New puffer acting weird

He looks fine to me if you just added him yesterday. He might not eat for a couple days in my experience.
 
He picked at a couple of clams then stopped eating and has been hiding a lot.

Mine hates clams. He'll nibble at the shell but doesn't really eat the meat. When it detaches from the shell it just floats around the tank. He's a big fan of flakes, pellets, frozen LRS and frozen mysis. Just try some different foods.

Someone on reddit recently had an issue getting their toby puffer to eat, finally getting it to eat after more than a week.



 
IMG_2632.jpeg

Never buying live fish from petco ever again. My heart is broken, I loved him straight out of the store and this happens.
 
IMG_2632.jpeg

Never buying live fish from petco ever again. My heart is broken, I loved him straight out of the store and this happens.
So sad. Your tank reminds me of my first saltwater tank. You learn as you go with this hobby.
 
IMG_2632.jpeg

Never buying live fish from petco ever again. My heart is broken, I loved him straight out of the store and this happens.
So sad. Your tank reminds me of my first saltwater tank. You learn as you go with this hobby.
Yeah. I have another tank with a frogfish, but it hurts because pufferfish are my favorite fish. I live in Hawaii so luckily I can catch my own if I get lucky enough, but I’m just angry that petco gets away with this.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new