New Radion xr30w G4 Pro

PNW_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am switching my tank lighting from a Hydra 26hd to the Radion, and am curious what adjustments I should make for acclimating the corals to the new light. Tank is a 54 corner tank, mixed reef.

IMG_8679.JPG

aquaman30k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a built in acclimation mode. If you have a par meter handy, setting the new light up would be a breeze. If not, start off at a really low intensity, say 20% and play around with the intensity from there.

IMO the G4 pro is the first Radion that I’ve had to turn the intensity down on. All of the previous generation fixtures I was able to run at 100% without burning corals.

OP
OP
PNW_reefer

PNW_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a built in acclimation mode. If you have a par meter handy, setting the new light up would be a breeze. If not, start off at a really low intensity, say 20% and play around with the intensity from there.

IMO the G4 pro is the first Radion that I’ve had to turn the intensity down on. All of the previous generation fixtures I was able to run at 100% without burning corals.
Is there a schedule that is recommended to start with? Or a favorite? How would I go about downloading that to the light

aquaman30k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Coral Labs AB+ on a schedule from 9-5am and a 3-4hr ramp on either side. Do you have a Reeflink? You will program with EcoSmart Live either using a Reeflink or the provided USB cable.

OP
OP
PNW_reefer

PNW_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Coral Labs AB+ on a schedule from 9-5am and a 3-4hr ramp on either side. Do you have a Reeflink? You will program with EcoSmart Live either using a Reeflink or the provided USB cable.
Yes, I have reef link. Do the schedules come loaded on the light or do I download from online?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back