New RBT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pro2704
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pro2704

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
9
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God morning y'all!
So I've been looking a at tank full of RBT's at my favorite fish store for quite a while. Well last night I walked in, saw one riding around on the back of a Mexican Turo snail and couldn't resist any longer. Took them home and after a nice long, slow drip, got them in the tank around 2a.m. Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning and found that:
A: the RTB left the snail apparently right after I placed them in the tank
B: it also split so now I have two for the price of one!

sorry for quality of the pic, no orange filter right now

IMG_5442.jpg
 
God morning y'all!
So I've been looking a at tank full of RBT's at my favorite fish store for quite a while. Well last night I walked in, saw one riding around on the back of a Mexican Turo snail and couldn't resist any longer. Took them home and after a nice long, slow drip, got them in the tank around 2a.m. Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning and found that:
A: the RTB left the snail apparently right after I placed them in the tank
B: it also split so now I have two for the price of one!

sorry for quality of the pic, no orange filter right now

IMG_5442.jpg
So with it splitting was due to it being stressed just maintain solid water quality keep a close eye it will take about 2 weeks to heal do not feed the bta congrats on having 2 how old is your tank?
 
So with it splitting was due to it being stressed just maintain solid water quality keep a close eye it will take about 2 weeks to heal do not feed the bta congrats on having 2 how old is your tank?
Thanks, my plan is to just let them chill for a few weeks. Make sure they're where they want to be (well for the most part lol). My tank is about 15 years old but I let it slip for a while and just did an overhaul back in December.
 
Good choice love my BTA s They move around a bit at first until they find there happy place flow and lighting. Good luck keep us updated please .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new